[Eecs_mscs] Theta Tau-Penny Wars Fundraiser-This Week

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 28 11:23:53 EST 2024

Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2024 10:49 AM

Good morning departmental admins,

My name is Emma, and I am the current Fundraising Chair for Theta Tau. Could you please forward the following email to the undergraduate students within your department of the Russ College of Engineering?

Thank you,

Emma Minnich

Hi all,

My name is Emma Minnich, and I am the Fundraising Chair for Theta Tau, a Co-Ed Professional Engineering Fraternity here at Ohio University. This week we are doing a Penny Wars Fundraiser between the different majors within the Russ College of Engineering. By participating in our fundraiser, you could be chosen to win a $15 gift card to Chipotle. The fundraiser will be taking place every day this week in the ARC Atrium from 12 pm to 3 pm.

Penny Wars Information:

  1.  Put pennies or dollar bills into your major to give your major positive points.
  2.  Put any silver coins into other majors to give them negative points.
  3.  The number of points given is based on the coin's value; a penny is 1 point, a nickel is 5 points, etc.; a dollar bill is worth 100 points.
  4.  You must donate a minimum of 50 cents to earn a raffle ticket. You will need to write your name, @ohio.edu email address, and major on the raffle ticket for us.
  5.  On Friday, we will count the number of points each major has, and the raffle winner will be chosen from the major with the most points. We will reach out to the winner of our raffle for the Chipotle gift card via email on Friday to schedule a time we can get the gift card to you on the following Monday.

We hope you will consider donating some of your spare change to our fundraiser. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email. Have a great day everyone!

Emma Minnich
Ohio University | Class of '25
Russ College of Engineering | Chemical Engineering
Theta Tau | Professional Engineering Fraternity | Fundraising Chair
Creative Expressions | Treasurer
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Email | em735720 at ohio.edu<mailto:em735720 at ohio.edu>