[Eecs_mscs] EECS Research Seminar Talk-Toward Next-Generation Medical Care: Computer Vision for Healthcare AI

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 15 10:33:21 EST 2024

Title: Toward Next-Generation Medical Care: Computer Vision for Healthcare AI

Abstract: In the past two years, transformative AI products such as ChatGPT have underscored the profound impact of AI in our daily lives. Beyond natural language and image understanding, AI is revolutionizing healthcare, offering advantages such as assisting in diagnosis and treatment, enhancing healthcare safety and reliability, and reducing the financial burden of medical care. As a pivotal technique for processing medical imaging data, medical computer vision has played a crucial role in developing healthcare AI systems. However, it comes with its own challenges including the complexity of different diseases and the difficulty of collecting large-scale annotated data.

In today's talk, I will show how we address these challenges in our research work. Firstly, I will introduce our work on robust biomedical image analysis and synthesis, demonstrating the utilization of clinical prior knowledge for robust medical image analysis and synthetic augmentation with large-scale pretraining to alleviate limited annotation issues in the medical domain. Secondly, I will introduce our research on video analysis and synthesis for AI diagnosis, where I will illustrate our proposed video-based healthcare AI systems that can process infant movement videos and patient talking videos for the diagnosis of cerebral palsy and stroke. I will also discuss our proposed generative models for video synthesis and their application to healthcare AI. Finally, I will share insights into future work in this exciting field.

Short Bio: Mr. Haomiao Ni is a final-year PhD student in informatics at the College of Information Sciences and Technology, Pennsylvania State University, under the supervision of Prof. Sharon Huang. He received a master's degree in computer science from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences and a bachelor's degree in information engineering from the South China University of Technology. Mr. Ni's research interest broadly lies in machine learning and computer vision, especially with the applications in generative AI, biomedical, and healthcare domains. His research has been published in top-tier conferences and journals in the fields of medical image processing and computer vision, such as MICCAI, CVPR, and Medical Image Analysis.

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Click here to join the meeting<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NDBiNDcyYzAtYmNlZC00NmI1LTkzZTgtNmE0YzlmNTZlOWEw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22f3308007-477c-4a70-8889-34611817c55a%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22685c3f4f-29d5-4141-ada5-0fdeab8480e4%22%7d>
Meeting ID: 285 563 440 607
Passcode: KKAG6Z
Download Teams<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app> | Join on the web<https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-teams/join-a-meeting>
Or call in (audio only)
+1 614-706-6572,,318433389#<tel:+16147066572,,318433389#>   United States, Columbus
Phone Conference ID: 318 433 389#
Find a local number<https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/8f5f7319-0053-4423-a154-4f8b6e7fb7dd?id=318433389> | Reset PIN<https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/usp/pstnconferencing>
[https://www.ohio.edu/sites/default/files/2018-11/invite_logo_teams.jpg]
If you encounter issues with this meeting, please visit the Help link. If you are not able to resolve the problems, please contact the meeting organizer to let them know you are having difficulty.
Learn More<https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting> | Help<https://www.ohio.edu/oit/services/collaboration/teams/help> | Meeting options<https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=685c3f4f-29d5-4141-ada5-0fdeab8480e4&tenantId=f3308007-477c-4a70-8889-34611817c55a&threadId=19_meeting_NDBiNDcyYzAtYmNlZC00NmI1LTkzZTgtNmE0YzlmNTZlOWEw@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US>