[Eecs_mscs] The Post is hiring a new Digital Director!

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 25 09:33:07 EDT 2022

 Hello everyone! My name is Ryan, and I'm the editor-in-chief of The Post, the largest and oldest student-run, editorially independent publication at Ohio University. At the end of this semester, The Post's digital director is graduating, which means we need to hire someone new for Spring 2023! The person who is chosen for the position will act as one of The Post's executive editors, overseeing all of the paper's digital staffs, and will get paid $60 a week!

An ideal candidate for this position is someone who:

- Is proficient and confident with HTML/CSS

- Has experience with SEO and a working knowledge of how search engines compile results

- Is familiar with social media practices, platform updates, analytics and how algorithms compile user data

- Has an ability to look forward or actively search for solutions to current and potential future issues

- Has experience with GitHub and popular coding platforms such as Visual Studio Code

- Is able to isolate coding errors visually as well as through lines of code

If you're interested in applying for this position, please send an email of intent to me (rm554219 at ohio.edu<mailto:rm554219 at ohio.edu>), Managing Editor Kayla Bennett (kb084519 at ohio.edu<mailto:kb084519 at ohio.edu>), Digital Director Jack Hiltner (jh396418 at ohio.edu<mailto:jh396418 at ohio.edu>) and Equity Director Alesha Davis (ad551919 at ohio.edu<mailto:ad551919 at ohio.edu>) no later than Monday, Oct. 31. From there, we'll reach out with further instructions and interviewing information.

Please email me if you have any questions at all. Thank you!

All the best,

Ryan Maxin

Editor-in-Chief | The Post

Office: (740) 566-8717