[Eecs_mscs] Open positions for grads and undergrads in wireless networks and distributed systems

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Tue Aug 21 16:58:44 EDT 2018

I am looking for graduate and undergraduate students for one of my research projects in the area of distributed systems and wireless networks. Here're a list of keywords for both positions. If you're interested, please contact me at chenji at ohio.edu .

Graduate student position
-------------------------
* distributed systems, 5G wireles systems, cloud networking
* network function virtualization (NFV), OpenVSwitch
* Consul, Cassandra, Couch, Riak, Dynamo, SStables
* etcd, doozerd, Paxos
* SWIM, Serf, membership maintenance, failure detectors
* CAP theorem, consistency, high availability
* NFV Management and Orchestration (MANO)

Undergraduate student position (preferably seniors/juniors unless you have prior experience)
* Linux, Android, FreeBSD, NetBSD systems programming
* containers, VMs, docker, lxc, lxd, openstack
* Wireshark, tcpdump, tcptrace, berkeley packet filters
* Socket programming, Beej's Guide, W. Richard Stevens' TCP/IP Illustrated
* Linux kernel programming, writing kernel modules
* adb commands, LineageOS, AOSP image building
* strace, truss, systemtap
* system admininstration, server maintenance, RAID, LVM

--

 Harshavardhan Chenji, Assistant Professor  School of Electrical Engineering And Computer Science,  Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701

 office: +1-740-593-1241
 fax:    +1-740-566-8106
 email:  chenji at ohio.edu
 web:     http://ace.eecs.ohiou.edu/~chenji/