[Eecs_bsee] Information from Dr. Linscott

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 24 16:38:17 EDT 2024

Hello Learning Community Students

I have important information that I hope you will share with your first-year students during your next UC 1900 class. The first is regarding the Margaret Boyd Scholars Program. I would ask that you mention this program in your class and then post the information below in an announcement. We really want Russ to be represented in each cohort. That will only happen with your help and encouragement.

We are in the process of recruiting for the new cohort of the Margaret Boyd Scholars Program<https://www.ohio.edu/student-affairs/boyd-scholars>, named for the first woman graduate of Ohio University. If you know first-year students who may benefit from connecting with faculty mentors, a chance to give back to their community, and learn about the unique contributions of women, please nominate, or encourage your students to apply. Students are selected as Boyd Scholars in fall semester of their first year. The four-year program includes a first-year seminar, a second-year residential component, a third-year professional focused experience and a fourth-year capstone seminar.

The online application is available here:  https://ohio.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_elkJBd8H8e7RE10

Application deadline is October 15th, 2024.   Students can learn more about the program by following our social media feed on  https://www.instagram.com/margaretboydscholars/

Attend an upcoming Information Session to learn more!

  *   · Monday, September 23rd 1:00pm, 213 Baker Center (MCC)
  *   Wednesday, October 2nd, 3:00pm, 403 Baker Center (The Women’s Center)
  *   Friday, October 11th, 3:00pm, 403 Baker Center (The Women’s Center)

Additionally, we are hosting a much larger career fair in Baker Ballroom next Thursday! Please encourage your student to attend and explore. Students who are not actively looking for an internship or employment will be given white lanyards to wear. This way the employers have a little more context for our exploring students. I am awarding 10 bonus points for students who attend.

Russ College of Engineering & Technology Fall Career Fair 2024

#EngineerYourFuture...Innovate, Elevate & Create for Good

Thursday, October 3, 2024
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
BAKER CENTER BALLROOM

You can view the career fair employers and register to attend in Handshake (ohio.joinhandshake.com)
You will be able to see a blurb about each company and get a link to their web page if you want more information about any of them by following the below steps:
•              Click Events
•              Click Career fairs at your school
•              Click Russ College of Engineering & Technology Fall Career Fair

Don’t miss one of our upcoming Resume Review Sessions to polish your resume for the Career Fair

Three options to join us!

September 24th
1-3 pm
ARC 112