[Eecs_bsee] FW: IoT Software Engineer Intern Position in San Diego at Aquam Pipe Diagnostics

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:21:32 EST 2018

Aquam Pipe Diagnostics in San Diego is seeking to hire a mechanical engineering intern and a software engineering intern.  The duties are listed below.  To apply, please email your resume to Dan Squiller at dsquiller at aquamcorp.com<mailto:dsquiller at aquamcorp.com>

I'm pleased to report that we have opportunities in our Aquam Pipe Diagnostics Division (http://www.aquamcorp.com/pages/pipe-diagnostics.html) for a mechanical engineer and a software engineer. Both positions would be in our San Diego facility.

Mechanical Engineer

We recently moved manufacturing of our PipeScan+ product (http://www.aquamcorp.com/pages/pipe-scanning.html) from the UK to San Diego. Reporting to our production manager, this person will create a manufacturing drawing package, make design improvements where needed and facilitate its introduction into manufacturing. Key skills required:

   - Strong skills with Solidworks or equivalent design package

   - Expertise in product design and manufacturing processes

   - Ability to design mechanical assemblies with good understanding of tolerancing

   - Good understanding of DFM (design for manufacturing)

   - Ability to communicate directly with suppliers and subcontractors

   - Project management skills

   - Able to manage his/her own time

IoT Software Engineer

We have a new product that monitors off-meter water usage throughout the UK. The device attaches to an access point where a user (such as a construction site) needs water. We have thousands of these "standpipes" deployed and are introducing a GPS version which transmits data through a GSM network back to us. This enables us to automate billing and collect metrics important to the water companies. Key skills required:

   - Understanding of telecommunications and networks

   - Understanding of LoRaWAN

   - Experience in the development of cloud based applications

   - Experience in aggregating data and creating databases

   - Ability to create dashboards

   - Skills in implementing algorithms

Our need is immediate and the duration is through the summer or could even extend into the fall.

Since this will be the company's first experience with interns and I'm representing OHIO, we'd like the best & brightest candidates (like all the companies you have relationships, I'm sure).

Let me know what the next steps are and who I should be interfacing with.

Thanks,

Dan

Chief Executive Officer
Aquam Corporation