[Eecs_bsee] Electrical Engineer needed at Korda/Nemeth Engineering in Columbus

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 11 08:56:06 EST 2018

To apply, please email your resume to Amy McKitrick at resumes at korda.com<mailto:resumes at korda.com>

Job Title & Location: Entry-Level Electrical Engineer
Columbus, Ohio

Employer: Korda/Nemeth Engineering, Inc.

Employer URL: www.korda.com<http://www.korda.com>

Position Type: Full Time

Job Start Date: 05/14/18

Application Deadline: 03/01/18

Contact: Amy McKitrick

Contact Phone: 614-487-1650

Contact Email: resumes at korda.com<mailto:resumes at korda.com>

Contact Address: 1650 Watermark Drive, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43215

Job Description: Entry-Level Electrical Engineer

Korda/Nemeth Engineering, Inc. is seeking an Entry-Level Electrical Engineer for an immediate opening to assist on project design within our Electrical Engineering Department. If you want to work in a firm that provides varied and complex engineering services offering true value to its customers, this opportunity is worth pursuing. Our projects and environment foster individual creativity and not corporate conformity.

Founded in 1964, Korda is a multi-disciplinary, nationally and internationally recognized engineering firm providing electrical, mechanical, civil, structural, and technology engineering services. Our integrated engineering approach and depth of capabilities provides a comprehensive single source ready to deliver knowledge and skills on a variety of project types to meet the needs of our clients and users. With a continuous focus on high quality service, innovative thinking, sustainable approach, and knowledge of current technologies, Korda has won over 90 engineering design awards.

Our clients include state and federal governments, municipalities, healthcare, K-12 schools, universities, laboratories, multiuse, hotels, office, retail, sports and recreation building owners.

Our Electrical Engineering department consists of 20 electrical engineers, designers, and technicians. The majority of our staff has been with the firm for many years and has a wide variety of experience. We work in a team environment, with our engineers working with specific people and projects during the design time from start to finish. In addition, our engineers support each other for assistance during times of heavy workloads.

In the consulting field, Electrical Engineers primarily are project engineers. Our main task is to prepare the drawings and specifications for bidding by electrical contractors. Our work is in the design and application of lighting systems and controls; high voltage power service; utilization voltage power distribution; power supply to mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, and architectural equipment; fire alarm systems, sound, paging, and video systems; security, card access, and CCTV systems; nurse call and telemetry; and voice, data, and wireless design. This position involves interpreting and applying code requirements in electrical design for the safety of the public.

To be successful in this position, you must possess:
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects in a collaborative environment
• Good social skills, as you represent our company
• Knowledge to understand and work within the legal side of business contractual relationships
• Willingness to work extra time as required to meet project deadlines

Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Must be interested in pursuing professional registration by taking the FE test in their first year and the PE test after 4 years of experience
• Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States, no visa sponsorship available at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.

Benefits for Full-Time, Permanent Employees. Korda believes in supporting families.
• Medical & Dental (employee, spouse, and family)
• Life Insurance and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Optional Insurance coverage offered for the employee: Supplemental Life and Vision
• Paid vacation, sick, and eight paid holidays

Salary is commensurate with position. WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT KORDA? See what our employees and partners have to say: http//www.korda.com/careers/

IMPORTANT: Applicants accepted through March 1, 2018. Please provide resume and cover letter explaining how your experience and background is a match for our needs to resumes at korda.com<mailto:resumes at korda.com>. Resumes without appropriate cover letter may not be seriously considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions, lactation status, gender identity or sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, national origin or any other protected status as required by law.