[Eecs_bsee] Chemical, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Interns needed at Dominion in Bridgeport, WV - Summer 2017

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 21 14:07:14 EST 2016

How to apply:  Please apply online at http://www.Click2apply.net/k2gk5qv59t

Dominion Gas Transmissions has a Rotating Engineer Intern position available at our Bridgeport, WV location for 2017! We are currently recruiting for 2017 summer intern that is a rising Sophomore. As a rotating intern, you will have the opportunity over a three year timeframe to rotate between three groups, including Drafting & Records, Gas Transmission Pipeline Integrity and Measurements Engineering & Support. The intern will work in an office environment with engineers from multiple disciplines including: Aerospace, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical and Petroleum Engineering.
Specific functions may include any of the following:
* Work with engineering projects in the installation and maintenance of natural gas carrying components.
* Working with computer programs such as GIS and Auto Cad to understand how these programs are used in the gas industry.
* Learn and work with the mechanical and electrical equipment used in the gas industry.
* Work with the federal regulations that govern the gas pipeline industry.
* Learn the importance and application of the company's gas pipeline integrity program and components.
* Work with and learn about natural gas measurement and natural gas quality equipment for interstate commerce.
At this time, Dominion cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without a visa.
Individuals must have a desire to learn and produce as a part of a safety conscious, workplace. You must have an independent source of transportation for this summer 2017 internship as there are limited public transportation options in the area.
About Us
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 25,700 megawatts of generation, 14,400 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,500 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers.
Our company is built on a proud legacy ( https://www.dom.com/corporate/about-us/history )of public service, innovation and community involvement ( https://www.dom.com/corporate/our-commitments/community ). In addition to our core energy production, transportation and storage businesses, we invest in communities where we live and work and by practicing responsible environmental stewardship ( https://www.dom.com/corporate/our-commitments/environment ) wherever we operate.
Diversity is linked to every aspect of our business to include how we attract, develop and retain our future talent. An inclusive environment encourages the coming together of different talents, thoughts and energies. The company's commitment to employing military veterans through the Troops to Energy Jobs program is one way we are able to ensure workforce diversity.
Additional Information
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Dominion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company-it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Export Control
Certain positions at Dominion may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
Job Requirements
Qualified candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities: 1) Currently be enrolled in a 4 year ABET-accredited Bachelor's degree Engineering program. 2)Strong computer skills 3) Must have good communications and problem solving skills. 4) Must be self motivated and have a strong work ethic. 5) Prefer students with active participation in a university engineering organization, especially, in a leadership role. 6.) Candidates must currently hold a valid driver's license.

Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/k2gk5qv59t

PI95956385