[Eecs_bscs] Fall Semester Engineering Co-ops available at Lincoln Electric in Cleveland

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Tue Jun 27 12:04:34 EDT 2017

Lincoln Electric in Cleveland is hiring multiple engineering and technology majors for their available co-op positions Fall Semester.  To apply, please visit:

https://jobs.lincolnelectric.com/job/Cleveland-Fall-Engineering-Co-ops-OH-44117/409746800/

Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.

Purpose Statement:

The Engineering Internship will provide the opportunity to students to gain practical experience that will prepare you for a future at Lincoln Electric. As a member of the program, you will be exposed to a variety of engineering and operations disciplines including research & development, manufacturing engineering, consumable engineering, application engineering and more!

Responsibilities:

Complete 8 hours of weld school

Attend required safety and various trainings based on department assignment

Complete projects assigned by supervisor

End of term presentations on key projects completed

Requirements:

Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer, Chemical, Electrical, Industrial Mechanical or Welding Engineering; Material Science or Metallurgy

Desire to work independently and as part of a team

Able to work 40 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks

Passion for innovation

Desire to work in a manufacturing environment

Ability to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent basis

Minimum GPA of 3.0

Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.

Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world.  With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.

As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges.  It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!

Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.  Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.  Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms.  Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.

Join the Global Leader in Welding and Cutting Solutions.

Today's welding equipment is more intelligent than ever before.
Lincoln Electric is looking for strong fits in the following sub-disciplines to help further advance our technology as well as our manufacturing process: computer engineering, power electronics, electromagnetics, electronic design (analog and digital) and control systems.
The Lincoln Electric global headquarters is located in Cleveland, Ohio.

Why would an electrical engineer want to work at Lincoln Electric?
The specific roles and activities at Lincoln Electric include:

Product Research and Development
> Design digitally controlled high power inverters.
> Program in embedded C, C++, .Net, VHDL.
> Analog and digital circuit design.
> Work with cross functional teams to bring designs to production.

Controls Engineering
> Acquire knowledge in internal and external industrial electrical standards.
> Learn and work with control engineering software.
> Collaborate with a team of engineers on capital projects & production support.

Manufacturing Engineering
> Apply LEAN ideas to improve the flow of production.
> Design equipment to manufacture different products.
> Work with R&D to improve design of products for manufacturing.
> Select, Specify and implement equipment for improving products.

Facilities Engineering
> Responsible for energy consumption, lighting, HVAC and power distribution.
> Responsible for install of telecommunications and network infrastructure.
> Design or redesign new facilities within the Lincoln Electric global network.

Why join the Lincoln Electric Team?
*           Comprehensive training and career development
*           Motivating company culture
*           Compelling compensation plan

Prerequisites:
*           Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
*           Minimum GPA of a 3.0
*           Ability to work in the United States on a full time, permanent basis
*           Desire to work in a manufacturing environment

For more information or to apply online, please visit:
jobs.lincolnelectric.com and apply to the Fall 2017 Engineering Co-op position!

Industrial Engineers at Lincoln Electric work in a variety of areas related to the design
and improvement in the way products are produced and delivered. You will need a broad yet solid background in technical theory, enthusiasm for individual and team tasks, analytical problem solving capabilities, and a desire to contribute to customer solutions.
Typical first assignments include: