[Eecs_bscs] Math Club-today-4/4/2016

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 4 12:17:30 EDT 2016

Today (04/04) at 7 pm in Morton Hall room 318, the Math Club will be hosting another event featuring two undergraduate students who will talk about Game Theory and Probability. Ted Borenstein and Abdalah El-Barrad will both be giving talks about the mathematics behind games. Ted will talk about understanding the probability that will help you do better at black jack. No math background is required except basic algebra.

Poker and Probability Abstract: have you ever wondered why the poker players who win millions are so great? Well wonder no more! The math behind the blackjack table will give you the insight to win poker night every time!

Introduction to Game Theory: Game theory is “the study of mathematical models of conflict and cooperation between intelligent rational decision-makers.” Game theory has applications to many areas including economics, computer science, and biology. We will learn concepts that will help you learn how to solve games using the concept of Nash Equilibriums (made popular by John Nash from a beautiful mind.

Thank you and I hope to see you all there!

Best,

Abdalah El-Barrad
614.558.6663<tel:614.558.6663>
Ohio University (Class of 2017)
BS in Economics and Applied Mathematics (Dual)
Computer Science Minor