[Dtwg] Seeking Master's student at Eastern Shore of Virginia NWR

Denmon, Pamela pamela_denmon at fws.gov
Tue Oct 29 14:29:16 EDT 2019

Hello all,

We are looking for a potential Master’s student to study the new concrete
barrier that will be in place before the 2020 terrapin nesting season.  The
barrier is intended to reduce road mortality for nesting diamondback
terrapins along US RT 13 where it crosses Fisherman Island National
Wildlife Refuge on the southern Delmarva Peninsula.  The student would
examine impacts to nesting terrapins relative to the barrier.  We can
provide housing during the field season, game cameras and we may be able to
purchase radio tags.  I realize this is late notice for this announcement,
and we would consider a student for the 2021 nesting season as well.  We
would not be able to provide any other funding at this time for the
project.  If you would like to discuss further, please contact me off-list.

Thank you,

Pam
*Pamela Denmon*
*Wildlife Biologist*
*Eastern Shore of Virginia/Fisherman Island NWR*
*5003 Hallett Circle*
*Cape Charles, VA 23310*
*757-331-2760 *