[Dtwg] dogs

John A Crawford crawfish at uga.edu
Mon May 6 18:27:04 EDT 2019

Hi Folks,
In Georgia the biggest culprits attacking terrapin nest are raccoons and crows.  With crows being the greatest threat.  These very
smart and interesting birds learn where terrapins are nesting in numbers and await and follow the females to their nest site.  In such cases, they leave no eggs uneaten.
Our Skidaway hatchery volunteers are experts at running interference and saving nest.

Wishing a productive nesting season to all,
Crawfish

Captain John "Crawfish" Crawford
Senior Naturalist, Marine Educator

Marine Extension and Georgia Sea Grant