[Dtwg] DTWG: have your terrapins started nesting yet?

Carol Meteyer meteyerc at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:25:40 EDT 2018

Hi Folks,
I am new to the group.  I recently moved to Slaughter Beach on Delaware Bay
and was sadly surprised to see many young diamond-backed terrapin nestlings
that have overwintered in our bayside yards, get hit by cars moving to the
salt marsh across the street.  I am working with someone to design yard
signs to put out when these guys are crossing so drivers get a sense of how
small they are and watch for them.  I sent her an image of a nestling, but
she must not have liked it and used an image of an adult.

Do any of you have a similar image of a nestling the we could use?  If you
have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance !

carol