[OU Dems] Appointed Positions DUE TOMORROW

Miller, Samantha sm754914 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 16 21:01:06 EST 2017

Hello OUCD!
As I mentioned at our meeting last week, the exec board has decided to add 3 appointed positions to our board; Outreach, Fundraising and Fellowship. Their descriptions are listed below. To apply for them, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining your ideas for the work the chair would do.

Only voting members will be permitted to apply. This means you must have attended 8 events, 3 of which were meetings. Applications are due before 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, January 17. Applications must be emailed to ohiouniversitycollegedemocrats at gmail.com<mailto:ohiouniversitycollegedemocrats at gmail.com>.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Sam Miller
President • OU College Democrats
Ambassador • E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
Communications Director • College Democrats of Ohio
Communications Student • Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs

---------
Outreach Chair
                As a response to this election, Ohio University College Democrats need to become advocates for diversity, particularly on our campus. The responsibility of the Outreach Chair will be to form and foster relationships with other organizations. The Chair will work to on programming between the organizations that is beneficial to both. Outreach Chair will sit under the Membership Director and will look to them for guidance but will ultimately be working independently. The Outreach Chair will come to weekly exec board meetings to brief us on their efforts and offer ideas for programming.

Fundraising Chair
                Fundraising stands a major pillar of all political activities and is vitally important to Ohio University College Democrats success. As an organization, we need to be constantly reaching out to alumni and community members for donations so that we can continue our work. We should also be focused on how our fundraising can support our philanthropy efforts. The Fundraising Chair will create donor lists and maintain those lists. They will look at nonprofits we can benefit and programming that can help the causes. They will sit under the Treasurer and will look to them for guidance and fundraising goals but will ultimately be working independently. The Fundraising Chair will come to weekly exec board meetings to brief us on their efforts.

Fellowship Chair
                A strong chapter has a membership that they can retain and motivate on specific issues. Therefore, a Fellowship program that consists of key members of Ohio University College Democrats that meet with potential members to figure out their passions and motivations is needed to build and retain a membership. The Fellowship Chair will work to oversee the potential Fellowship program for Ohio University College Democrats and will oversee those who are in the program. They will keep track of a spreadsheet consisting of potential members, work with Fellows to set up meetings and keep tabs on specific issues to help bring new members in. They will report to the President and will look to them for guidance but will ultimately be working independently. The Fellowship Chair will come to weekly exec board meetings to brief us on their efforts and offer ideas for programming.