[OU Dems] Week 9

Sabruno, Heather hs016112 at ohio.edu
Tue Mar 10 21:50:56 EDT 2015

[cid:7cd379ec-e03a-44b2-b620-5f3add271cca]

Happy Week 9! Here are your minutes:

Events:
Wednesday 3/11: We are having a trash for cash to help raise money for Relay. We are meeting at RiverPark at 6:15. Relay for Life is next Friday!

Friday 3/13: Date Auction is tonight at 7 and setup is at 6:30 in Jeff hall!

Sunday 3/15: Movie Series is tonight at 7:30 and we are watching Wag the Dog

Thursday 3/19: The We Are Ohio Event is tonight at 6:30 in Baker Ballroom A. We are setting up at 5:30 and there will be free pizza!

If you are participating in Date Auction make sure to fill out the questionnaire here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UDZw0-3kddOvfTEEMfy1BP3Uy0nM3pmJEcqDO5Thxvs/viewform?c=0&w=1

Roundtable:
If you are a senior or know anyone who will be graduating let them know about this opportunity!

Each year, the Ohio Legislative Service Commission sponsors 23 - 24 paid thirteen-month legislative fellowship positions designed to provide college graduates with practical experience in the legislative process. This experience often leads to permanent employment opportunities in the legislature, state government, or related areas. The fellowship will start in December 2015, meaning those graduating in December can apply. Applications are due April 1st, 2015!
The link to the brochure: http://www.lsc.ohio.gov/fellowship/fellowshipbooklet.pdf

Here is a link to the fellowship page: http://www.lsc.ohio.gov/fellowship/default.htm

If you have any questions, please contact: Andrea Harless: andrea.harless at ohiosenate.gov<mailto:andrea.harless at ohiosenate.gov>

Make sure to sign up for Relay and join our team here:  http://relayforlife.org/ou
Click sign up and then after you fill out your information, click join a team and our team is listed as OU College Democrats. You can click pay later for the registration fee. You can also encourage people to donate by posting info on Facebook from your relay page.

Wednesday 3/11: Flavor of the Week will be from 12-2 in the Bobcat Student Lounge(1st floor of Baker) and this week's flavor is basil!

Thursday 3/12:  "?Fast, Fair & Open: The FCC's Plan for our Broadband Future." presentation will be today at 12pm in Baker Center Theatre

Monday 3/16: In Baker 231 at 6:30 there will be a film screening of Forget Bagdad and it is part of the Spring 2015 Middle East and North Africa Film Series

OU College Democrats Executive Board:
Jenna Moore (President) (614) 256-0981 jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Ian Slifcak (Vice President) (330) 523-9104 islifcak at gmail.com
Heather Sabruno (Secretary) (216) 548-1894 hsheather858 at gmail.com