[OU Dems] Monday and Election Day

Jenna Moore jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 22:49:43 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Elections are coming up Tuesday! But before that, we are having a march to the polls where we go as a group to the board of elections to vote early! We are meeting at the top of Baker at 10am on Monday (11/3). This is also a great chance to meet our State Representative Debbie Phillips and Kathy Hecht, who is our democratic candidate for Athens County Auditor. Scott Wharton, running for US Congress, and Herman Carson, running for common pleas judge are tentative guests! I hope you can make it! Check out the Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/524562247678031/?sid_reminder=2961607180131762176

On election day, make sure you bring your Ohio Drivers license or go to Chubb hall and get a blank bill with your dorm address on it. If you have any more questions, you can refer to http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/elections/Voters/FAQ/ID.aspx to see what kind of identification you need to go and vote. You can look up your polling location on that website as well!

If you are registered at your home in OHIO but never requested an absentee ballot, you able to go to Baker Center to vote on election day but you would be filling out a provisional ballot. A provisional ballot is used to record a vote if a voter's eligibility is in question and the voter would otherwise not be permitted to vote at his or her polling place. The content of a provisional ballot is no different from a regular ballot, but it is cast "provisionally" until election officials can verify the voter's eligibility to vote in the particular precinct at that election. Please make sure you go and vote so your voice is heard and help put Democrats in office!

Best,

Jenna Moore
Ohio University College Democrats President
614-256-0981
jennamoore114 at gmail.com