[OU Dems] OU College Democrats Meeting Minutes: Week 1

Newton, Jessica jn130010 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 16 14:15:45 EST 2013

Happy Week 1 Everyone!

Here are the minutes from this week’s meeting:

Events:
Wednesday 12/15: Trash for Cash! We will be collecting trash for donations for Relay for Life this Wednesday at 5:30PM. Meet at Riverpark building 38! (The one with the atrium, call me if you need additional directions).

Thursday 1/17: Date Auction Committee will be meeting at 8pm with the location TBA! We will be signing up for businesses to auction items off at the silent auction, and will also be coming up with more crafting /theme related ideas.  FILL OUT YOUR QUESTIONNAIRES!

Thursday 1/17-Saturday 1/19: In addition to UCM lunch volunteering, for the Day of Service we will be helping with drives for My Sister’s Place and Good Works, local charitable organizations. We will be dropping off goods to donate to the organizations from 12-6pm Thursday-Saturday at Hillel (21 Mill Street, sort of across from Domino’s). My Sister’s Place will accept games, crafting items, hygienic goods, household items, and things to that nature. Good Works will accept nonperishable food items & $5 Kroger and Walmart gift cards (for people to obtain medicine).
Saturday 1/19: UCM lunch! We will be volunteering which consists of helping with the cooking, serving, and cleaning process of serving the community lunch. It is from 11-1, but come for a time that suits you best, and there will be a free meal!!

Saturday 1/26: College Democrats of Ohio Convention!  There will be speakers and discussion based on relevant entities to College Democrats chapters across Ohio. Also, there will be food. It will be January 26th at 10am at the University of Cincinnati. We will be providing rides Friday and have housing at UC for Friday evening. Also, there will be rides provided Saturday morning too.

ROUNDTABLE:
Ohio Student Union will be meeting this Thursday at 9pm in Bentley room 110!

Athens News is holding their annual ‘Best of Athens’ for the year! You can vote for the best in various categories, including best student organization (OUCD has been the best for the past 5 out of 6 years). You should also vote for Court Street Coffee for best coffee shop! They were a tremendous help to our campaign efforts last semester and our definitely worthy of our vote. Voting closes January 18th though, so do it ASAP! Here’s the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BOA13_survey

Updates:

OUCD Elections update:

Nominations will be Week 6, two weeks before  spring break.  You can nominate yourself or an executive board member can, or another voting eligible member! The positions up for running include: President, Vice President, Communications Director, Membership Director, Secretary, and Treasurer.

In order be eligible to vote/run you must have been a member the previous semester, attended 3 meetings, and 8 events. If you have questions in regards to your eligibility, contact Jack.

Elections will be held Week 7, February 26th.

Jessica Newton

jn130010 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary

OU College Democrats Executive Board: