[OU Dems] OU College Dems Week 7 Minutes

Newton, Jessica jn130010 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 27 14:18:06 EST 2013

Happy Week 7 Everyone!

Here are the minutes from this week’s meeting:

Events:
Wednesday 2/27: Intramural volleyball will be at 5:30 in Ping Area B (Gym on the first floor, to the left)! Sign up on IM leagues and ALSO join our team, the Spiking Donkey’s if you haven’t done so already. Bring your student ID, a positive spirit, and wear blue!

Wednesday 2/27: Trash for Cash! All of the money we raise will be going towards our Relay for Life team. We will be meeting at 6:30 after the volleyball game at Riverpark apartments, building 38. Contact me if you need directions!

Thursday 2/28: From 12-2 there will be a tuition freeze event outside of Baker to promote a freeze on our tuition! Wear summer clothes to express the importance a tuition freeze on our campus. Also, there will be snow cones and it is not required that you attend for the entire two hours!

Thursday 2/28: Date Auction Committee will be meeting at 8pm with the location tba! We will finish up crafting decorations, but you don’t have to be creative to participate! FILL OUT YOUR QUESTIONAIRES AND VISIT THE BUSINESSES YOU SIGNED UP FOR! Date Auction will be on March 14th, the Thursday once we return from spring break. Also, get your photo and song emailed to Caitlin by this FRIDAY so she can organize everything over spring break.

ROUNDTABLE:

Thank you to everyone that ran for executive board this election season! Everyone is a significant member in our organization, and we’re so proud to have you on board!!

College Democrats of Ohio will be holding statewide elections in the near future. CDO has grown from 13 to 36 chapters, so this is a great opportunity to gain leadership and make an impact! Contact Shannon Welch or Nick Tuell (513-602-5258) for more information.

IF YOU WENT ON THE DC TRIP AND FOUND ITEMS IN YOUR LUGGAGE THAT ARE NOT YOURS PLEASE CONTACT CAITLIN ROBERTS SO WE CAN GET THOSE ITEMS BACK TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE. EVERYONE WOULD LOVE THEIR ITEMS BACK!!

Updates:

OUCD Elections update:

Congratulations to the 2013-2014 Executive Board!

President: Caitlin Roberts

Vice President:  Brigid Iverson

Communications Director: Alex Doherty

Membership Director: Jessica Newton