[OU Dems] OU College Democrats Week 5 Minutes

Newton, Jessica jn130010 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 13 19:25:18 EST 2013

Happy Week 5 Everyone!

Here are the minutes from this week’s meeting:

Events:

Wednesday 2/13: Volleyball! We will be competing in the intramural volleyball program at our school! If you haven’t already signed up, you can do so on IMLeagues.com (Ohio University, Spiking Donkey’s). Our games are every Wednesday usually starting at 5:30 pm. Wear blue to the games, and contact Jack for any questions.

Wednesday 2/13: Date Auction Committee will be meeting at 8pm in Baker room 356! We will continue crafting decorations, but you don’t have to be creative to participate! FILL OUT YOUR Questionnaires AND VISIT THE BUSINESSES YOU SIGNED UP FOR! Date Auction will be on March 14th, a Thursday, in Walter Rotunda.

Sunday 2/17: Our movie series will be continuing at 4pm in Bentley 023. We will be watching a film pertaining to  Black History Month!

Monday 2/18: Flyering! We will be flyering to promote our organization this Monday at 8pm. Meet in the Front Room to acquire flyers!

Friday 2/22- Sunday 2/24: DC Trip! We will be going on our annual DC trip the weekend after this! We will sight see, explore, and have fun bonding as a chapter! The price of the trip should be cheaper because we will be staying for less days than on past trips (the cost of the trip being paid to College Dems will cover gas and hotel). Contact Caitlin if you have any questions.

ROUNDTABLE:

Sex Week will be held from February 11-15th! Check Baker Center or ask Shannon for Details! There will be an anti-Valentine’s Day party in Baker ballroom on Valentine’s Day! There will be a film and refreshments.

OU Student Union meets every Thursday in Baker 231! They promote tuition issues, put on protest events, petitions, etc. This week they will be hosting a student organization forum, and would like representation from multiple student organizations!

Updates:

OUCD Elections update:

Nominations will be next week!  You can be nominated by yourself, an executive board member, or another member! The positions up for running include: President, Vice President, Communications Director, Membership Director, Secretary, and Treasurer. Feel free to talk to anyone on executive board about the responsibilities of their positions!

In order be eligible to vote/run you must have been a member the previous semester, attended 3 meetings, and 8 events (3 of those can be meetings). If you have questions in regards to your eligibility, contact Jack.

Elections will be held Week 7, February 26th.

Congrats to our Dem of The Week Ian Slifcak!!

Jessica Newton
jn130010 at ohio.edu
OU College Democrats, Secretary

OU College Democrats Executive Board: