[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 5/22

Roberts, Caitlin cr156409 at ohio.edu
Tue May 22 21:43:06 EDT 2012

Happy Week 9 Everyone! Here are your minutes from this week's meeting:

Updates:

Our D.C. Trip is this weekend!!! We will be leaving at various times on Friday, Marika will have a list of what time drivers will be leaving if you have not yet signed up for what time you can leave.  Also, please remember that you must attend at least one D.C. fundraiser if you are going, contact Marika if you have a time conflict with the fundraiser.

Thank you to everyone who attended our Summer Dinner! We raised $1577 from the dinner!

We still have hoodies for sale for only $15! Talk to Nicole if you would like to buy one!

Brian Peter, the Finance Director for Pat Lang's Congressional Campaign stopped by our meeting to talk about internship opportunities.  Internships are available with Pat this summer, stop by his office at 8 N. Court Street on the 3rd Floor for more information!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week Kendra Washington!

Events:

There is a Trash for Cash fundraiser tomorrow (Wednesday) at 9 p.m. to raise money for our D.C. Trip.  Meet outside of Bromley Hall to participate! This is the LAST opportunity to attend a D.C. fundraiser!

We will be having a table on Thursday for Pledge to Reg! It is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the top of Baker.  Come out and help us beat OSU at Pledge to Reg turned in!

Debbie Phillips will be having a fundraiser this Thursday at the Dairy Barn. It will start at 5:30 and setup starts at 4:30, please let us know if you are able to attend or able to drive.  Also, special guest Ted Strickland will be there!

Our senior sendoff will be next Thursday at 9 p.m. at Nick Tuell's house! Please talk to Debi if you're a senior that wants to be sent off or know a senior who does!

Round Table:

Congratulations to Debi and Paul on their last meeting on Exec! Good luck to the new Exec Board on leading their first meeting next week!

Nick Tuell would like to say thank you to everyone for contributing to a great year! Also, if anyone has meal swipes and would like to donate food or bottled water to the office, it would be greatly appreciated.

The last Students for Obama meeting of the year will be tomorrow at 8 p.m in Baker 234!

There is an anti-fracking rally tomorrow at Wayne National Forest at 4 p.m.

Debi would like to thank everyone for a great Intermural softball season and also for a great year serving as your Membership Director!

Have an awesome Week 9 and a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend!!!

--

Caitlin Roberts

Secretary, Ohio University College Democrats

(614) 893-5395

Shannon Welch (President) (440) 463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com<mailto:shannoncwelch at gmail.com>

Marika Bresler (Vice President) (614) 562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com<mailto:marika.bresler at gmail.com>

Nicole Robertson (Treasurer) (513) 582-3041 nicole.gayle09 at gmail.com<mailto:nicole.gayle09 at gmail.com>