[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 1/10

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:23:54 EST 2012

Dems Minutes 1/10

Hey Dems! Hope you are having a lovely week two! Here are the minutes from
this week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

Please bring any donation you can to the Walk for the Homeless this weekend!

If you are interested in learning about the progress we’ve made at
Constitution Committee, please contact Shannon.

Thank you to Sarah Williams and STARS for setting up our State of the Union
Watch Party! It is on Tuesday, January 24 at 8:30 PM in Walter 145 –
remember our meeting will take place there!!! Refreshments will be
provided.

We will be playing volleyball this quarter! Stay tuned for updates on the
day/time of our games!

Contact Marika if you are interested in participating in Date Auction or
know someone who is interested!

Our tshirts will be available sometime in the next few weeks! They will be
$10.

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Jessica Newton!!!

Future Events:

Walk for the Homeless

Constitution Committee

State of the Union Watch Party/Moved Meeting

Movie Series – Gasland

College Democrats of Ohio Convention

Date Auction Committee

Youth Congress with the Ohio Student Association

Please check out the calendar our website, oudemocrats.org for the details
of each event!

Treasurer Nominations:

Emily Harper nominated Zack Gilanyi

Nicole Robertson nominated herself

Shannon Welch nominated Rebecca Klingensmith

Emily Harper nominated Haley Nuckles

Good luck to all of our nominees! Elections will be held at our meeting
next week. If you would like to know if you are eligible to vote, visit
this website:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h0KLR8-FJYbktHumCQHHlHpInEuhx8nE9MxDNWmG0-A/edit

Contact Debi Segal if you are not on the list and think you should be!

Round Table:

If you are interested in volunteering for Pat Lang’s campaign for United
States Congress, contact Nate Hall at natehall5 at gmail.com

Vote for Ohio University College Democrats for the Athens News Best Student
Org and for Pat Lang for Best Local Politician! The voting deadline is
Thursday, January 12 at noon. Vote at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BOA12_weblink and make sure you follow the
directions! Let’s win for another year!

This weekend for Martin Luther King Jr Day Sarah Williams is organizing a
trash pickup on Mill St and Palmer St on Sunday from 11-2. Meet at Mill St
Village, 186 Mill St.

If you would like to participate in STARS’ It Takes a Village, which will
be this Friday from 9AM-12PM, you must come to a mandatory meeting tonight
(Wednesday) at 7 PM in Baker 231!

Rush for Phi Alpha Delta is on Tuesday at 7 PM in Bentley 015.

Defend Education Ohio is putting on a Black Power Mix Tape on Thursday at 7
PM in Walter 135.

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a wonderful week!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258 tuellnick at gmail.com