[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 1/3

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:05:57 EST 2012

Dems Minutes 1/3

Hey Dems! Hope your week ONE is great! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

Our annual Date Auction will be on Thursday, Febrary 16. Mark your
calendars!

Kathy Hecht is the new Athen County Democratic Party Chair!

We will be forming an intramural team this quarter! We will be doing either
volleyball or floor hockey. Stay tuned for updates.

Emily Harper will be leaving for an internship during spring quarter. There
will be a special election for a treasurer during spring quarter.
Nominations are next week and the election will be held the week after. If
you would like to know if you can run, vote, or if you have any questions
about our election process, please contact any member of exec board. We’ll
miss you Emily!

Future Events:

Walk for the Homeless

Date Auction Committee

Ohio Youth Congress with the Ohio Student Association

College Democrats of Ohio Convention

Constitution Committee

Chalking and Flyering

To see the details of each event, check out the calendar on our website at
oudemocrats.org!

Round Table

Archie Stanley, current County Engineer, came to our meeting to ask for our
vote in his primary race!

Sarah Williams, president of Students Teaching About Racism in Society,
asked for volunteers for the It Takes a Village event during Martin Luther
King Jr weekend. The event is on Friday, January 13 9AM-12PM. Contact Sarah
at sw101007 at ohio.edu for more information.

Vote for Ohio University College Democrats for the Athens News Best Student
Org! The voting deadline is Thursday, January 12 at noon. Vote at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BOA12_weblink and make sure you follow the
directions! Let’s win for another year!

Athens Law Director Pat Lang is running for United States Congress and came
to ask for our vote in his primary! If you are interested in getting
involved with his campaign, contact Nate Hall at natehall5 at gmail.com

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a lovely week!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258 tuellnick at gmail.com