[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 2/21

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:14:33 EST 2012

Dems Minutes 2/21

Hey Dems! Hope your week eight is exciting! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

We will be getting “Pledge to Reg” cards filled out for the Obama campaign!
They are cards for students to fill out so that they can get a friendly
reminder to register to vote in the fall! Our goal is to get 65 cards
filled out a week by April 18! If you would like to pick up “Pledge to Reg”
cards, please contact a member of exec board – the OU College Dems member
with the most cards filled out will receive a prize!

Thank you to those of you that contributed in any way to Date Auction! We
raised over $1300! The photos will be available on facebook soon, but if
you are interested in purchasing a print of any photos, please comment on
the photo you want saying that you would like a print!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week this week, Sasha Milliken!!!

Future Events:

Paint the Office

UCM Community Dinner

Competitive Tournament for Relay for Life

Straw Poll Pancake Breakfast/Set Up

Office Opening Party

To see the details of each event, please visit the calendar on our website
oudemocrats.org!

Nominations:

The new Constitution updated by the Constitution Committee was proposed -
to see the proposed Constitution visit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a8DlyYOFW2yWuobcbj7dvri20SeC492r6xbJfmtFg50/edit

Marika Bresler nominated Brigid Iverson for Secretary.

Debi Segal nominated Heather McKay for Membership Director.

Marika Bresler nominated Caitlin Roberts for Vice President.

Shannon Welch nominated Jessica Newton for Secretary.

Paul Leduc nominated David Creighton for Communications Director.

Debi Segal nominated Jack Obora for Membership Director.

Paul Leduc nominated Marika Bresler for Communications Director.

Nick Tuell nominated Shannon Welch for President.

Emily Harper nominated Nicole Robertson for Treasurer.

The elections will be held at our meeting next week! If you would like to
know if you can vote, please contact Debi Segal.

Round Table

There will be an OFA house meeting at the Riverpark building 36 leasing
office Wednesday (tonight) from 6:30-8:30 where they will be listening to a
conference call from Michelle Obama! Food and beverages will be provided.

There will be a Pat Lang for Congress mailer soon, if you are interested
contact Nate at natehall5 at gmail.com, and please come to the Straw Poll
Pancake Breakfast to vote for Pat!

Ohio Supreme Court Justice Yvette McGee Brown says that she will visit
whatever school gives her the most followers on twitter or facebook! Follow
her at @justiceyvette!

There will be phone banks put on by OFA at the office, 8 N Court St on
Thursday 5-8PM and Sunday 1-4PM.

There will be a protest for #OHStudentPower on March 1 beginning at noon at
the Civil War monument on College Green! If you are interested in helping
with flyers for this event, contact Jacob Chaffin at jbtchaffin at gmail.com

Thanks for coming out the meeting and have a fabulous week!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258 tuellnick at gmail.com