[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 2/14

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:20:47 EST 2012

Dems Minutes 2/14

Hey Dems! Hope your week seven is super! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

Members of STAND came to present to us about the Conflict-free Campus
Initiative. We will be writing a letter in support of this initiative. If
you have any questions, please talk to a member of exec board.

Thank you to those of you that showed up and helped out at the Campus
Launch! We did a great job!

Because our advisor could not come to our meeting, we were unable to count
the ballots from the election for president and secretary for next quarter.
The election was held and the ballots will be counted Week 9 when Dr. B
comes in for our regular elections.

Due to a communication issue with Ping, the rest of our volleyball season
is cancelled. Thank you to everyone who participated!

If you have any furniture, food swipes, or decoration ideas you can give to
us for the Obama office on 8 N. Court St, please let a member of exec board
know!

Please bring your friends to Date Auction!

Reminder: Nominations for the exec board for next year will be held next
week, with elections the following week! If you have any questions, contact
a member of exec board.

We finished updating our Constitution! It will be proposed at the next
meeting with a vote on it the following week! If you would like to take a
look at it to add your input before the proposal and vote takes place, you
can view it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a8DlyYOFW2yWuobcbj7dvri20SeC492r6xbJfmtFg50/edit

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Carolyn Preston!!!

Future Events:

Obama Office Opening Party

Students for Obama Summit

Flyering

Date Auction Set-up/Date Auction

Straw Poll Pancake Breakfast

College Democrats of America Convention

Competitive Tournament for Relay for Life

For details on each event visit the calendar on our website, oudemocrats.org
!

Round Table

Thursday (tonight) in Walter 235 there will be a screening of Blood in the
Mobile at 7 PM in Walter 235 put on by STAND!

If you would like to help out with the Pat Lang for Congress campaign, they
will need help with a mailer on Saturday at noon at 18 N College St.

Katie O’Neill is running for Ohio Supreme Court! She will be in Athens for
the Straw Poll Breakfast if you are interested in meeting her!

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a wonderful week!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258 tuellnick at gmail.com