[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 2/9

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:23:47 EST 2012

Dems Minutes 2/7

Hey Dems! Hope you are having a sensational week 6! Here are the minutes
from this week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

If you have any swipes at the market for food to donate to our office
opening, furniture to donate, or decoration ideas, please contact a member
of exec board!

If you are planning on participating in Date Auction, please email Marika
your questionnaire, picture, and song choice TODAY! Also, if you
volunteered to ask businesses for donations, please do so ASAP.

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Jack Obora!!!

Future Events:

Flyering

Students for Obama Summit

OFA Office Opening Party

Volleyball Game

Date Auction Committee

UCM Lunch

Please check out the calendar on our website oudemocrats.org for the
details of each event!

Nominations:

Shannon Welch nominated Caitlin Roberts for Secretary.

Nick Tuell nominated Shannon Welch for President.

Round Table

Happy birthday to Gabi and Marika!!!

This Friday at the 1st floor of Baker from 8-11:30 PM is the Safe & Sexy
Social! It will be a fantastic, fun, and informative event! Visit Nicole
Robertson at the cookie decorating station.

This Thursday at 10 PM is Comedy in the Round at Athens Pyramids with
special guest Reuben Bresler!

Next week is Sex Week! There will be tabling from 11-3 on Monday with free
condoms and hot chocolate, a Pure Romance Valentine’s party on Tuesday at 7
in the Maggie Davis room in Baker, and a discussion panel with experts
called “Let’s Talk about Masturbation” location TBA. If you have any
questions contact Shannon Welch.

Jeff Maiden is running in the primary race for County Engineer and visited
our meeting to ask for your vote!

This Friday the Pat Lang for Congress campaign will be doing a mailer at 18
N College St from 10-5! There will also be a fundraiser for Pat Lang at
former County Chair Bill Bias’ house with setup from 4-5 and the event from
5-7. If you would like to help out contact Nate Hall at natehall5 at gmail.com.

Thanks to those of you who came to Student Speakout at Student Senate! It’s
really important that we get our voices heard!

Brick Beats is looking for people that can do PR, photographers, designers,
etc. If you are interested please attend one of their meetings on Thursdays
at 6 PM in Scripps 114 or contact Emily DuGranrut at ed159910 at ohio.edu

Thanks to those of you who came to our meeting, and have a great week!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258 tuellnick at gmail.com