[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 4/24

Roberts, Caitlin cr156409 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 25 01:24:14 EDT 2012

Dems Minutes 4/24

Happy Week 5 Everyone! Here are the minutes from this week's meeting:

Future Events:

Our next softball game is Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. at Mill Street Fields (next to Riverpark Apartments).  Sign up on imleagues and wear dark blue if you want to play!

Bring 20 Pledge to Reg signatures to the Obama Office at 8 N. Court Street from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday and get free pizza!

There is a Grilled Cheese Sale on Thursday night from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. either at College Gate or outside of Chase Bank! If you have any meal swipes, PLEASE donate cheese, bread, or butter!

We will be having a Phonebank on Friday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at 8 N. Court Street!  We will be making calls to recruit new volunteers!

There is a Dorm Storm on Sunday at 3 p.m. for Pledge to Reg forms! Meet at the Washington Arch on East Green if you'd like to help!

News/Updates:

We have raised over $1300 so far for Relay for Life, but we still need another $681 to reach our goal! Relay is coming up very soon on May 11th! Also, thank you to Shannon for sharing why she Relays this week!

We are ordering our new sweatshirts this week!  Please contact Nicole if you would like to buy one for the awesome price of only $15!

The first deposit of $39 is due on May 1st for our D.C. Trip! The entire deposit will be $65 total.  Contact Marika if you have any questions!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Gabi Giebel!!!

Round Table:

Shannon and Nick Tuell both say thank you to everyone who showed up to the table last Wednesday!

Shannon has coupons for a discounted hookah on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at Athens Pyramids! Contact her if you would like one.

There will be a Students for Obama table at the top of Baker from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. this Wednesday!

Freedom to Marry will be having a table for petitions on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in front of the Athens County Courthouse.  Contact Marika for more information!

There will be a general assembly about the increase in student tuition at the top of Morton Hill Wednesday at 6 p.m., followed by an attendance at Student Senate at 7 p.m. to ask questions about the increase.

Congratulations to Nate Hall on his new job managing a state representative campaign. We will miss you!

This Friday, the Tempo Tantrums will be having a performance at 7:30 at Donkey coffee shop, including our own Gabi Giebel!

The International Talent Show will be on May 17th!

The Society of Women Engineers will be hosting a charity serve at Redbrick on May 10th.  Money raised will go to the Rotary Club to help improve Athens's parks!

There will be a Relay for Life PR Video filming Thursday at 11 am at College Gate! If you would like to represent College Dems in the video, please contact Caitlin or email al119907 at ohio.edu for more information!

Have a great Week 5 and good luck with midterms!

--

Caitlin Roberts

(614) 893-5395

OU College Democrats, Secretary