[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 9/27

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:53:19 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 9/27

Hey Dems! Hope your week four is fantastic! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

Please contact Paul Leduc if you signed up to be a dorm captain to pick up
your packet!

Our Homecoming theme is We are Ohio, We are Athens, We are Family!

Our tshirts are $10! Come buy one to look fly around campus!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Ethan House!!!

Future Events:

We are Ohio table

Solidarity Rally

Phonebank **Make 50 calls to attend a meet and greet with Senator Sherrod
Brown and Ted Strickland!**

Chalking and flyering

Homecoming committee meeting

Check out the calendar on our website www.oudemocrats.org to see the details
of each event!

Round Table

Chris Meyers is trying to make a Student Employee Commission on Student
Senate! Contact him if you are interested in helping out by sending letters
to the Post and Student Senate at cm256707 at ohio.edu

Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is this Saturday! Registration begins at 11 AM and
the walk starts at 12 PM! Men- please walk for sexual assault awareness and
prevention and for all survivors of sexual assault. Women- please come
support!!

Caitlin Roberts is selling discount cards for $10! Contact her at
614-893-5395 if you would like one!

Come to Student Senate meetings at 7:15 PM in Walter 235 on Wednesdays for
student speak out to let your representatives know what’s on your mind!

Standup comedy this week: Comedy in the Round at 9 PM on Thursday at
Pyramids, and Athens Open Mic on Saturday at 8 PM in Front Room!

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a lovely week!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258 tuellnick at gmail.com