[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 9/20

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:16:11 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 9/20
Hey Dems! Hope you are having a lovely third week of classes! Here are the
minutes from this week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

The College Democrats of Ohio Fall Convention will be held HERE on Sunday,
October 16 in Walter Hall with special guest and keynote speaker,
Congressman Tim Ryan!

Sign up to phonebank between 10AM-8PM at the We Are Ohio office at UCM (18 N
College St)! If you make 50 phone calls you may have the opportunity to meet
Sherrod Brown! Exec’s phone shifts are as follows:
Nick- Thursday 6-8PM
Shannon- Wednesday 3-5PM

Marika- Monday 1-3PM

Debi- Wednesday 1-3PM

Emily- Friday 12-2PM

Paul- Sunday 1-3PM

Please sign up to be a dorm captain to help us get students living on campus
registered to vote!

Our tshirts are $10! They will make you look AWESOME!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Dan Wainio!!

Future Events:

Tabling

Canvas @ the Commons

Chalking and Flyering

Check out the calendar on our website, www.oudemocrats.org for the details
of each event!

Round Table

This Thursday, the Athens Pyramids will be holding Comedy in the Round at 9
PM!

We Are Ohio is looking for people to send letters to the editor regarding
issue two! If you are interested contact Meredith Tucker at
meredith.c.tucker at gmail.com

This Saturday is Athens Open Mic at Front Room at 8 PM! Emily Harper may be
performing standup!

DADT IS NO MORE!

This Friday at 3 PM in Ping’s Combative Rm on the 2nd floor, you can learn
how to walk, speak, and dance like the Japanese.
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258 tuellnick at gmail.com