[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 9/13

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:06:40 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 9/13

Hey Dems! Hope your week 2 is absolutely swell! Here are the minutes from
this week’s meeting:

 News/Updates:

The College Democrats of Ohio Fall Convention will be hosted by us! It will
be on Sunday, October 16, so mark your schedules!

If you are interested in becoming a dorm captain in order to register people
to vote, please contact Paul Leduc.

The voter registration deadline is October 11, so make sure you get
registered!

There will be a rally for Issue 2 with some fantastic speakers coming up on
Saturday, October 1, so make sure you mark your schedules!

We are selling our tshirts for $10! Look super fly around Court St. by
representing our fabulous organization!

Congratulations to our Dems of the Week, Gabi Giebel and Rebecca
Klingensmith!!!

Future Events:

Paint the wall/Chalking and Flyering

Tabling for Issue 2/voter registration/HB 194

Riverpark canvas

Check out the calendar on our website, oudemocrats.org, in order to see the
details of each event!

Round Table

As this month is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, there will be a
self-defense workshop in the Women’s Center on the 4th floor of Baker on
September 15th at 6 PM! All are welcome.

Happy birthday Ashton Grigley!!

There will be a We Are Ohio training on Thursday the 15th from 8-9:30 at 18
N College St (UCM.) Also, if you are have an organization that would be
interested in forming a We Are Ohio student coalition, please let Jacob know
at jbtchaffin at gmail.com

If you are interested in becoming a Student Senate intern, pick up an
application at the Student Senate office in Baker 305.

This Thursday the 15th, Pyramids (the hookah bar) will be hosting Comedy in
the Round at 9 PM! Our very own Emily Harper will be performing stand up!
Make sure to arrive early if you want to be guaranteed a seat.

Remember: the theme of next week’s meeting is “bring a friend!” Thanks for
coming out to the meeting and have a wonderful week!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258  <tuellnick at gmail.com>