[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 10/25

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:47:50 EDT 2011

Minutes 10/25

Hey Dems! Hope your week 8 is excellent! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

We will be having a “Pie a Democrat, Pie a Republican” event with the
College Republicans on Thursday, November 10 and 11PM – 2 AM! Mark your
calendars! If you have a flex meal plan and can use your meals at the
markets, please pick up some whipped cream, paper plates, and paper towels
for us!

Exec’s canvass  and phonebank shifts at the We Are Ohio office at UCM, 18 N
College St are as follows:

Nick – all week!

Paul – throughout the day on Friday, Sunday 4-7

Emily – Wednesday 5-6, throughout the day on Friday

Marika – Saturday 1-4, Sunday 4-7

Debi – Saturday and Sunday

Shannon – Wednesday 5-8, Sunday 1-4

Our tshirts are $10!! Thanks to Ted Linscott we will be giving a tshirt to
our next Dem of the Week!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Sasha Milliken!!!

Future Events:

Tabling with We Are Ohio!

Canvassing/Phonebanking!

Chalking and Flyering!

Please check out the calendar on our website, www.oudemocrats.org to see the
details of each event!

Round Table

Thanks to those who went to the mayoral debate and to Mary Kate Gallagher
and Nick Tuell who planned it!

Please come to our events – this campaign is so vital to Ohio’s future!
Also, top volunteers for We Are Ohio will receive gift cards to BP,
Chipotle, or Barnes and Noble!

Comedy events this week: Jackie O’s Wednesday at 9 PM with host Carolyn
Williamson $4 for over 21 and $6 for under, Comedy in the Round at Pyramids
Thursday at 9PM, and the Corridor at GG’s Bubble Tea on Friday at 9PM.

Thank you to those of you that came to student speakout at student senate!
We definitely made an impact – the Ohio Student Government Association just
passed a resolution denouncing Issue 2!

Thanks to those of you that came to this week’s meeting, and have a nice
weekend!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662