[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 11/1

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:30:51 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 11/1

Hey Dems! Hope you are having a great week 9! REMEMBER – Tuesday, November
8 is ELECTION DAY, so we will not have a meeting! Here are the minutes from
our FINAL meeting of the quarter:

News/ Updates:

ELECTION DAY IS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8. Contact us if you would like to help
out, go to the We are Ohio office at UCM 18 N. College St.,  or check out
the calendar on our website for events!

Please contact Emily Harper if you can bring whipped cream, paper plates,
or paper towels to the Pie a Democrat, Pie a Republican event!

Our tshirts are $10! As of now, we have ONE tshirt left, but will be
ordering more over winter break!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Quarter, Brigid Iverson!!!!

Future Events:
We Are Ohio Table

Get Out The Vote (GOTV) days! (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) –
ELECTION DAY

Lit drop for Mayor Wiehl!

GOTV Chalking & Flyering

Pie a Democrat, Pie a Republican

Check out the calendar on our website, www.oudemocrats.org for the details
of each event, and please help us get out the student vote whenever you
have time! This is the home stretch, y’all!

Round Table

The law school fair is today (November 3) from 6-8 in Baker Ballroom. Dress
is casual!

Sarah Williams, the president of Students Teaching About Racism in Society
(STARS) thanked us for the support! Thank you STARS for your hard work!

Comedy events this week: Comedy in the Round at Pyramids at 9 PM on
Thursday, Athens Open Mic on Saturday at 8 PM in Front Room (character
themed!) and Jackie O’s next Wednesday at 9 PM ($4 for over 21, $6 for
under).

Thank you all for your hard work this quarter and for your hard work
leading up to election day! And special thanks to those of you that helped
us commemorate Patrick and Pamela on Tuesday.

Peace, Love, GOTV.

--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662