[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 5/24

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:24:35 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 5/24

 Hey Dems! Hope your week nine is lovely! Here are the minutes from this
week's meeting:

 News/Updates:

Due to prior obligations, Taylor Abbott stepped down from Communications
Director. We will be holding elections at the next meeting. Contact Marika
Bresler if you would like to know if you are eligible to vote.

 Thank you to everyone that came or helped with the Summer Dinner! We raised
over $1400 for our organization!

 Our DC trip is this weekend! We will be leaving on Friday. Contact Jeana
Davis with questions about what car you are in.

 If you have not picked up a tshirt and were at Relay for Life, please do so
before the next meeting or it will be given away.

 We are selling our tshirts for $5! Get one for a great bargain and look
stunning!

 Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Diana Steuber!

 Nominations for Communications Director:

 Jeana Davis nominated Caitlin Roberts.

Hailey Paumier nominated Paul Leduc.

 Future Events:

 Trash for Cash for D.C.

Grilled Cheese Sale for D.C.

D.C. Trip

SB5 Tables

Senior Sendoff

Check out the calendar on our website, oudemocrats.org to see the details of
each event!

 Round Table

 Old exec would like to say one thing: QUACK!

 Come to Jackie O's at 1 PM on Friday for a meeting on circulation SB5
petitions!

 If you are interested in becoming an intern for Obama for America for next
year contact Nick Tuell at tuellnick at gmail.com. If you are a junior or a
senior then you can get class credit for your internship.

 The Survivor Advocacy Program is collecting new or like new tshirts and
sweatpants for sexual assault victims, you can bring them to the McKee house
which is across the street from Ellis Hall.

 Kaitlyn Crist needs a subleaser for her house at 37 N. Lancaster for the
summer! Rent is negotiable. Email her at kc800208 at ohio.edu if you are
interested.

 Thank you to the members of old exec for all of your hard work! We'll miss
you!

 Thanks for coming out to this week's meeting, and have a wonderful week!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate "Got Jokes" Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana "Chipmunk Extraordinaire" Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179
jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey "Quarters Queen" Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika "Mermaids are People Too" Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937
marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon "Cupcake Boss" Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662
shannoncwelch at gmail.com