[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 5/10

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed May 11 13:02:15 EDT 2011

Hey Dems! I hope your week seven is spectacular! Here are the minutes from
this week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

We have surpassed our goal for Relay for Life and are now at $3027! Please
sign up for our team at
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=32689&team_id=929726 and
send our team page to your friends & family and ask for donations before
Friday! We are also selling left over glasses for $5 for Relay.

We will be providing rides from the top of Baker at 4:30 on Friday for Relay
for Life at Pruitt Field. If you have any questions about the Relay event or
what to bring this weekend, contact Shannon.

If you are interested in circulating a petition for SB5, please contact
Nate.

We will be having a mailer for the summer dinner in the near future! Contact
Alex if you’d like to help.

The first deposit for the D.C. trip is due this Thursday and is $35! The
trip will cost $62.50 total, not including gas. We will be having
fundraisers for D.C. for gas money, so if you are planning on going then
make sure you attend at least one fundraiser!

We are selling our tshirts for $5! Buy one for Relay for Life this weekend
and you can tiedye it! Also, we will be giving out a free tshirt to the next
person to win Dem of the Week. Please submit designs for next year’s tshirts
to any member of exec board.

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Cortney Blaisdell!

Future Events:

Relay for Life

Summer Dinner

Tabling for SB5 petitions

Trash for Cash for D.C. & Relay

Softball

Trash for Cash for D.C.

Please check the calendar our website, oudemocrats.org to see the details
for each event!

Round Table

Kaitlyn Crist needs a subleaser for her house at 37 N. Lancaster for the
summer! Email her at kc800208 at ohio.edu if you are interested.

Pyramids will be holding Comedy in the Round, hosted by Reuben Bresler, at
10 PM this and every Thursday.

The Lost Flamingo Company will be putting on Rent featuring our very own LJ
Cohen both Memorial Day weekend, and June 3-4 at 8 PM. It will be $5 and is
going to be at Arts West on W State St.

Contact Paul Leduc at pl320709 at ohio.edu if you would like to sign the
petition for the Know Noise Task Force.

Next Wednesday, May 18 is the Taste of Study Abroad at Grover from 5-8 PM!
There will be delicious food and fun.

Happy birthday Jessica Newton! We love you!

If you are interested in becoming an intern for Organizing for America for
next year contact Nick Tuell at tuellnick at gmail.com. If you are a junior or
a senior then you can get class credit for your internship.

The Survivor Advocacy Program is collecting new or like new tshirts and
sweatpants for sexual assault victims, you can bring them to the McKee house
which is across the street from Ellis Hall.

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a wonderful week, my lovely
dems!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex "One of the Abandoned Ones" Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983
alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com