[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 5/3

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:44:03 EDT 2011

News/Updates:

We have reached $2890 for Relay for Life, meaning we have $110 until we
reach our goal! The actual Relay event is May 13 at 6 PM to May 14 at noon
at Pruitt Field by the Convo. Please sign up for our team at
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=32689&team_id=929726

Please contact Shannon if you are able to bring anything (such as games,
food, chairs, etc) to Relay, which is May 13-14!

Next week, please bring in names and photos of those that have passed or
survivors of cancer to make a “Why We Relay” display for the event!

We will be sending out invitations to the summer dinner soon! Contact Alex
if you want to help!

The estimate for the D.C. trip based on who has signed up will cost $62.50,
not including gas money! The first deposit of $35 is due next Thursday!
Please give it to Jeana or Marika, or put it under the door of the dems
office!

Our tshirts are now $10! Buy one and look fabulous repping our org!

Congratulations to our Dems of the Week, Michaela Meaney and Mary Kate
Gallagher!

Future Events:
Chalking & flyering

Tabling for SB5 petitions

Cinco de Mayo walking taco sale

Softball game

Trash for cash

College Democrats of America convention

Visit the calendar on our website, oudemocrats.org to see the details of
each event!

Round Table

Nate Hall wants to thank everyone for all of the support and help for his
City Council race!

The Survivor Advocacy Program is collecting new or like new tshirts and
sweatpants for sexual assault victims, you can bring them to the McKee house
which is across the street from Ellis Hall.

LJ’s birthday is this Sunday! Happy birthday LJ!

The Lost Flamingo Company will be putting on Rent featuring our very own LJ
Cohen both Memorial Day weekend, and June 3-4. It will be $5 and is going to
be at Arts West on W State St.

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex "That Tshirt Guy" Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com