[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 3/29

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:37:06 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 3/29

Hey dems! Welcome back to spring quarter and I hope your week one is going
great! Here are the minutes from this week’s meeting:

News:

Our Relay for Life goal has been set for $3000! We are now at $2221 and need
to raise $779 before the event, so expect some fundraisers to happen soon!

You can sign up for the Relay team at
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/trottingdonkeys! When it asks you to pay  $10,
choose the option that says that your captain will pay for you.

Future events:

Athens County Democratic Party Spring Dinner

Rock for Barack concert and Relay for Life fundraiser

College Democrats of Ohio Convention

Relay for Life

Intramural softball

Washington D.C. trip

Canvas to fight SB5

Visit our website www.oudemocrats.org and look at our calendar to learn more
about our events!

Round Table:

Contact Nate Hall if you would like to help him with his campaign for city
council this week!

This Friday is the last day to register to vote before the primary, so make
sure you get registered if you haven’t already!

This Thursday, Reuben Bresler is hosting Comedy in the Round and Pyramids at
10 PM. Get there early to get a good seat!

Former hate group member, Tom Martinez will be speaking on racism and his
experience in Baker Theatre at 6 PM on Thursday!

BAN is hosting a three-on-three basketball tournament on Saturday, April 9
at 8 AM. It’s $50 to register as a team prior to the event, and $65 for late
registration. All proceeds go to a scholarship fund for Sports Management
majors.

Contact PJ at pepa3 at gmail.com if you are interested in participating!

Alex Maza’s birthday is on Monday! Make sure you wish him a happy birthday!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex "Monopoly Master" Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com