[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 1/18

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:42:19 EST 2011

Dems Minutes 1/18

Hey dems! Hope your week three is super spectacular! Here are the minutes
from this week’s meeting:

We will be doing a trash for cash for Relay for Life this Thursday at 8 PM
at Courtyard! Meet us at the top of Baker for rides.

We will be voting on our constitution amendments next week and we’d also
like to remind you that elections are coming up at the end of this quarter!
If you aren’t sure if you are a voting member or would like to know if you
are eligible to run for a position then ask Marika Bresler.

We are starting our annual movie series this Sunday at 6:30 in Bentley 215!
We are going to watch “Fall From Grace,” a documentary about the Westboro
Baptist Church.

Our competitive fundraiser for Relay for Life will be next Friday, January
28 at 8:30 PM. If you are interested in participating, contact Shannon
Welch.

The first Date Auction committee meeting will be next Wednesday at 8:30 PM
in Front Room! Please come out, and if you want to be auctioned off please
contact Jeana Davis.

We will be having a State of the Union watch party next Tuesday at 9 after
our meeting! Location TBA.

We’re having a glass sale for Dad’s Weekend this Saturday from 1-5 PM at the
bottom of Baker for Relay for Life!

We are playing volleyball this quarter! Our first game is on Monday at 6:15
at Ping. Contact Marika Bresler ASAP if you want to play!

We are selling our tshirts for $15! Look snazzy on campus in our awesome
College Dems shirts!

Round Table

The New Political launches in two weeks and is accepting applications for
various writers as well as staff members. Contact Andrew Zucker at
andrewzucker1 at gmail.com if you are interested in applying.

There will be a forum called “The Islam I Know” next Thursday, January 27
from 5-6:30 PM in Baker Ballroom B. It will be an educational piece on
Islam, with our very own Alex Maza as the MC!

If you would like to buy Girl Scout cookies for $3 per box, contact Kaitlyn
Crist at kc800208 at ohio.edu!

Applications are now available to be an orientation leader over the summer,
which are available in Baker 419. Contact the GA for orientation, Cimmeron
at ct261610 at ohio.edu for more information!

Thank you for coming out to our meeting and have a lovely week, all you
awesome people!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
 Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “Jerk Off Who Never Takes Work Off” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983
alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com