[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 1/11

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:01:13 EST 2011

Dems Minutes 1/11

Hey everyone! I hope your week two is awesome! Here are the minutes from
this week’s meeting:

We want to know if you are interested in participating in Date Auction,
which will be on Thursday, March 3! Please get in contact with Jeana Davis
if you want to be auctioned off.

Buy a College Dems tshirt for $15 and look awesome around campus repping
your favorite org!

Our competitive fundraiser for Relay for Life will be held on Friday,
January 28. Contact Shannon Welch if you are interested in participating!

We will be voting on amendments to our constitution next week!

We will be playing volleyball this quarter! We’re playing on Mondays at 5:30
or 6:45! More information will follow.

A Trash for Cash for Relay for Life will be this Sunday at 3 PM at
Courtyard. Meet at the top of Baker for rides!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Emily Harper!

Round Table

Christine Fahl came in to talk about her organizing neighborhood association
for the far East neighborhood that she is planning. If  you are interested
in getting involved or learning more, we will get you in contact with her!

There will be a rally on Friday, January 21 at 2 PM in front of the
Courthouse with some local speakers to protest the year anniversary of the
Citizens United Supreme Court decision.

There is an article and video about attorney general Mike Dewine’s position
on healthcare reform that can be viewed here:
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/01/11/story-columbus-mike-dewine-health-care-reform-lawsuit.html?sid=102The
video also features Reuben Bresler!

Reuben Bresler will be hosting Fridays Live this Friday at RTV at 7 PM!

Latke Fest is tonight at 6 PM at Hillel!

The New Political is accepting applications for staff writers and opinion
columnists. Contact Andrew Zucker at andrewzucker1 at gmail.com

There will be a forum with three professors called “The Islam I know” on
Thursday, January 27 from 5-6:30 PM in Baker Ballroom B.

Vegan Cooking is on Tuesdays at UCM. Cooking begins at 7 PM and dinner
starts at 9 PM. A donation of $3 is suggested.

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a fantastic week, my loves!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “Forever Young” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com