[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 1/4

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 19:22:06 EST 2011

Dems Minutes 1/4

Hey everyone! I hope you all had an amazing winter break and are getting
pumped for winter quarter! Here are the minutes from this week’s meeting:

Thank you all again for your hard work last quarter! It was an amazing fall
quarter and now winter quarter will be just as awesome!

Congratulations on the canned food drive that we did at the end of fall
quarter – we donated 191 pounds of food to the Athens Food Pantry! Thank you
for your help!

We wanted to remind you that in order to run for a position in our
organization, you must have been a member for two consecutive quarters. This
means that to be a member you must have gone to eight of our events,
including at least three meetings. In order to vote in the elections held at
the end of the quarter you must be an official member. If you have any
questions feel free to ask one of us!

We will be flyering this Monday at 8:30 PM in Front Room!

We will be doing a Trash for Cash for Relay for Life on Sunday at 4 PM in
Riverpark!

We would like to encourage you to go to thekasichproject.com or follow
@Kasichproject on twitter, and sign the petitions.

If you are interested in doing an intramural sport – either floor hockey or
volleyball, please contact Marika Bresler with your interest before the end
of the week.

T-shirts are $15 – rep our org and look snazzy on campus! Please buy one!

Round Table

The Defend Ohio Campaign is going to Columbus to protest John Kasich’s
“family day” on Saturday, January 8. The event starts at noon. Contact Tyler
Barton at tb138407 at ohio.edu if you are interested in attending.

The College Democrats of Ohio are protesting Kasich’s inauguration on
Monday, January 10. Rides will be leaving at 9 AM for the event at 11 AM,
and afterwards a visit to Debbie Phillips in the statehouse is planned.
Contact Nate Hall if you are interested.

Next Thursday, January 13, Hillel will be having a Latke Fest from 6-8 PM!
Contact Marika Bresler if you are interested in participating or forming a
team.

Vegan Cooking Workshop is every Tuesday at 9 PM at UCM! The cooking begins
at 7 PM and dinner is at 9 PM for a suggested donation of $3.

On January 21, there will be a protest of the Citizens United Supreme Court
decision’s 1 year anniversary at the Courthouse in Athens. More details will
follow.

Thanks again everyone for coming out to the meeting and I hope you have a
great week one!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “Reckless” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com