[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 2/8

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:56:31 EST 2011

Dems Minutes 2/8

Hey Dems! Hope your week six is lovely! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

We wanted to remind you to take down our phone numbers in case you ever need
us, and if there is a problem between Thursday and Sunday, to call the
Survivor Advocacy Program at 740-597-SAFE

Contact Marika if you want to know if you can run for a position or are
close to being able to run, and if you want to know if you can vote or are
close to being able to vote.

Nominations are next week! We want to encourage you to talk to whoever holds
the position you want to run for to learn more about it and figure out who
is nominating you! Elections are in two weeks.

We will be volunteering at UCM this Saturday from 11 AM -  3 PM, by
preparing hot lunches, spending time with community members, and helping
clean up. UCM is on College St by the Sigma Kappa house. Contact Hailey if
you have any questions or need directions!

We will be doing a Trash for Cash for Relay for Life this Thursday at 8:30
PM at Riverpark. Meet us in building 38!

Our next volleyball game is on Monday at 5:30 PM in Ping Area B. If you
haven’t signed up yet, please do so on www.imleagues.com and contact Marika
with any questions.

We are selling our tshirts for $15! Buy a shirt and help support our org!

Our next Date Auction committee meeting is this Wednesday at 9 PM at
O’bleness Hall. Call Jeana or Shannon when you arrive so we can let you in!
Also, if you haven’t turned in your questionnaire, picture, and song, please
make sure to do so ASAP!

Congratulations to Dem of the Week, Caitlin Roberts!!

Round Table

It’s SEX WEEK! Come to the “Let’s Talk Sex” discussion panel at 7 PM on
Wednesday in Baker Ballroom B, and the Charity Date Auction which benefits
Future Women of Appalachia at 7 PM on Thursday in Front Room (and bid on
Shannon and Marika!) Contact Shannon if you want to learn more about the
events.

Pyramids is holding Comedy in the Round every Thursday at 10 PM, with Reuben
Bresler as the host!

Gaga Week is next week! If you are interested in attending the awesome
events, contact Lachlan Harris at lh145109 at ohio.edu

Visit thenewpolitical.com and read a new online magazine about politics!
Alex Maza’s opinion column comes out every Monday, and our friend Nate Hall
was featured in an article yesterday!

The office of Education Abroad holds walk in advising every day from 1-4 PM
in Lindley 185, but their office will be moving to 15 Park Place on February
24.

There is an international movement to defend higher education, and a
coalition of students and faculty will be holding a kick off event on March
2, which is the International Day of Action. They will be taking over Baker
with many events, from 1 PM to 6 PM, and ask that you skip your classes to
attend as an act of civil disobedience.

Up Til Dawn is holding an event on February 27 from 12-8 PM in Baker
Ballroom to address letters to friends and family to ask for donations to
St. Jude!

Thanks for coming out to the meeting this week, you're all awesome!!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com