[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 2/1

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:58:28 EST 2011

Dems Minutes 2/1

Hey Dems! Hope your week five is going splendidly! Here are the minutes from
this week’s meeting:

Thank you to everyone that participated in our competitive fundraiser! We
raised $214 for Relay for Life!

We won Athens News’ Best Student Org of 2011! You are all incredible and
this is just a reminder of how great you make our organization!

Nominations for our elections are coming up in two weeks! If you think you
want to run, feel free to ask any of us about our positions. Contact Marika
Bresler if you would like to know if you can run or will soon be eligible to
run, and if you want to know if you are a voting member.

Our next Date Auction committee meeting is this Wednesday at 8:30 PM in
Front Room!  Also we would like to remind you to please turn in your
questionnaires/pictures/songs as soon as possible!

We will be having a Trash for Cash for Relay for Life this Saturday at 3 PM
at University Commons. Meet us at the top of Baker for rides!

Our next volleyball game is on Monday at 5:30 PM in Ping Area B. We want to
remind you that if you haven’t signed up on imleagues.com, then please do so
or you will not be able to play. Contact Marika Bresler with any questions!

Our third and final installment in the movie series is this Sunday at 6:30
PM in Bentley 215. We will be watching “No End in Sight,” which is a film
about the war in Iraq. Come out and watch a movie with us and eat some
delicious snacks!

Buy our College Dems tshirts for $15 and look super fab!

Congratulations to Nicole Robertson for being our Dem of the Week this week!

Round Table

Check out thenewpolitical.com and read about current political events and
opinion! Alex Maza’s opinion column comes out every Monday.

This week is Black History Month kickoff week! Look it up on facebook and
come to some awesome events this week!

Pyramids is now hosting a comedy show every Thursday at 10 PM with Reuben
Bresler as the host!

If you are interested in an internship with OFA, contact Nick Tuell or
Patrick Duffy! If you are a junior or a senior, you can get class credit for
your internship.

Thanks again for coming out to the meeting and have a lovely week!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “Tha Streets” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com