[OU Dems] Paid Fall Internship

nick Tuell tuellnick at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 00:00:38 EDT 2011

OU College Democrat. PAID FALL INTERNSHIP This fall the “We are Ohio”
campaign to repeal Senate Bill 5 will be hiring 20 student leaders across
the state. I have been informed that one of these positions will be
available for an Ohio University student. Below I have copied a list of
requirements and an outlined job description. The internship pays $1,500.
>From 8/12-11/11 Job Description About We are Ohio We are Ohio (WAO) is a
citizen-driven, community-based, bipartisan coalition that seeks to fight
back against Senate Bill 5 (Issue 2), the unfair attack on employee rights
and worker safety.

We are Ohio (WAO) is a citizen-driven, community-based, bipartisan coalition
that seeks to fight back against Senate Bill 5 (Issue 2), the unfair attack
on employee rights and worker safety. WAO is composed of public and private
sector works and employees, police officers, firefighters, teachers, nurses,
pastors, small business owners, Republicans and Democrats, Independents,
local elected officials and business leaders, students, parents, and
neighbors. We Are Ohio will be mobilizing volunteers across the state to
empower voters to exercise a citizen’s veto and fight for the working class
families of Ohio.

WAO is seeking to fill several paid student internships. These positions
offer competitive salaries, and the opportunity to fight for the future of
Ohio. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to
Wklatt at weareohio.com . When applying, please list job title as subject line.

Student Lead Intern

Job Description: Student Organizers will work directly with execute the We
are Ohio (WAO) field plan within their university region. The Student Lead
will work to build a strong coalition of volunteers to meet and exceed voter
contact goals.
Field Organizer Duties:

Student Organizers will work directly with execute the We are Ohio (WAO)
field plan within their university region. The Student Lead will work to
build a strong coalition of volunteers to meet and exceed voter contact
goals.

Field Organizer Duties: -Supporting on campus coalition partners in
preparing and executing voter contact activities such as canvassing, voter
reg, vote pledge cards, VBM applications, & phone banking on a daily basis.

-Build an on-campus volunteer base.

-Provide daily progress reports on strategic goals and organizational/
advocacy activity in defined geographic area and report to Communities
Outreach Team on a daily basis.

-build a progressive student coalition on your campus that will serve to
reinforce and expand the student community’s capacity to implement change in
the local and state level.

Qualifications: -Experience working for or volunteering on political
campaigns.

-Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.

-Experience in setting and achieving measurable targets, managing teams, and
coordinating between multiple stakeholders.

-Ability to handle multiple priority projects and meet established
timelines.

-Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.

-Ability to execute strategic goals and work effectively with regional and
local leaders.

-Experience with Voter Activation Network or Vote builder (preferred but not
required).

-Experience with organized labor in Ohio (preferred but not required).

-Must be able to work 20 to 30 hours a week in a high-stress environment.

-Must be available August 12th -November 11, 2011. -Must be able to travel
to Columbus for mandatory meetings.
-Must have a computer & cell phone to use for this work.

All applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and 2 references and
should be emailed to “We are Ohio’s” youth coordinator Will Klatt at
Wklatt at weareohi o.com as soon as possible.

If chosen for the internship, you will be required to attend training in
Columbus on Aug. 27th. Hope you all take this opportunity into
consideration, I know the campaign would be very lucky to have any of you
involved in this fight.

Please call me with any questions. Hope everyone’s summer is going well, see
you in a month!

Nick Tuell OU College Democrats President College Democrats of Ohio Vice
President tuellnick at gmail.com 513-602-5258