[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 4/26

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:49:01 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 4/26

News/Updates:

Please contact Shannon if you are able to bring anything (such as games,
food, chairs, etc) to Relay, which is May 13-14!

We have reached $2636 so far for Relay for Life, which benefits the American
Cancer Society. We only have $364 left to raise so let’s get fundraising!

Our summer dinner, which is our biggest fundraiser for our organization,
will be mid to late May, and we will hopefully have former Secretary of
State, Jennifer Brunner, in attendance!

The College Democrats of America Convention will be this summer in
Washington, D.C. with a lot of amazing speakers! We will keep you posted on
when the event will be!

If you are interested in going and/or can drive to D.C. with us Memorial Day
weekend, contact Marika! We will also be doing fundraisers to help bring the
cost of the trip down, and everyone that is going must attend at least one
fundraiser. We will let you know how much the trip will cost next week!

Buy our fabulous tshirts for $15!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Bolanle Ogundapo!

Future Events:

Tabling for SB5 petitions

Chalking & flyering

Trash for cash for Relay for Life

Committee meeting/painting party for Relay for Life

Softball game

Check out the calendar on our website, www.oudemocrats.org to see the
details of each event!

Round Table

The Palmer Fest Safety Committee will be having an informational session at
7 PM on Wednesday in the senate office.

The Survivor Advocacy Program is collecting new or like new tshirts and
sweatpants for sexual assault victims, you can bring them to the McKee house
which is across the street from Ellis Hall.

Vote EARLY for Nate Hall at the Board of Elections, Monday-Friday from 8 AM
– 4 PM. One more week! If you are interested in helping him campaign, let
him know!

Students for Barack Obama is making a comeback, so get ready!

The Interfaith Youth Corps Better Together Bash is Wednesday from 6:30-8 PM
in the Friends of the Library Room (Alden 319)!

When you vote in the primary, support the Athens county tax levy and help
out Athens schools!

theessaymag.com is an online magazine that is looking for writers,
photographers, videographers, etc. to contribute them. Michaela Meaney is
currently working on a story about students who came out in college. Contact
Michaela if you can assist her in this story by being interviewed or helping
her find people to be interviewed at mm174207 at ohio.edu or 216-905-7576

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a lovely week!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex "Scarface" Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com