[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 10/12

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:56:12 EDT 2010

Dems Minutes 10/12

Hey Dems!! Hope your midterms have been going well and that you are all
surviving! Here are the minutes from this week’s meeting:

President Obama will be speaking at Ohio State this Sunday, October 17! We
will be leaving at 3 PM on Sunday and coming back that night. Please contact
Nate Hall if you are interested in going and/or can drive!!

There is a homecoming committee meeting this Thursday at 8 PM at the
campaign office, 77½ E. State St! Come out and help us finish our fabulous
float!

We are having an alumni event on Saturday from 5-7 PM at 143 Grosvenor St!
Come mingle with our amazing alumni and have a great time!

The Homecoming parade is this Saturday!! Please meet at Washington Arch at 9
AM to march in the parade!

Please come phonebank at the campaign office, 77½ E. State St whenever you
have time, and commit to a weekly shift so we can get out the vote!

We will be doing a lit drop dorm storm on Wednesday on East & South Greens
from 5-7 PM, meeting at Washington Arch AND one on Thursday on West Green
from 5-7 PM, meeting at Front Room!

Dorm captains – please contact Shannon Welch!

There is a Zack Space debate on Wednesday at 6:30 PM at Nelsonville Library.
Call us if you are interested in attending!

We will be tabling from 10 AM- 5 PM on Thursday at College Gate, Monday at
Howard Hall, and Tuesday at the top of Baker. Come hang out with us and get
people educated on the candidates!

Please come into the campaign office, 77½ E. State St and get set up and
come canvas! We will be doing canvas shifts from 12 PM – 5 PM on Saturday as
well as 12 PM – 3 PM on Sunday this week so come in and we’ll send you out
to talk to people about the election! Also – if you do two canvas shifts OR
three phonebank shifts this week you will have the opportunity to win
priority seating at the Obama event on Sunday!

Please buy our super snazzy College Democrats t-shirts for $15 and help
support our organization!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Nicole Robertson! And thank you for
your fantastic speech!

Round Table

The Honor Council will be accepting applications until October 22. Please
contact Andy Burnette at aburnette22 at gmail.com if you are interested or have
any questions. The Honor Code can be viewed here:
http://www.ohio.edu/students/honor_code/

There will be a pep rally this Friday at 7 PM on College Green.  Come out
and show that Bobcat spirit!

Vote online for Homecoming king and queen on the student homepage!

20 Days til election day! Make sure you remember to early vote at the Board
of Elections on Court St (across from Big Mamma’s) on weekdays between 8 AM
and 4 PM!

Pyramids, the hookah bar, is open until 5 AM on both Friday and Saturday
this week. Marika will be working, so come in and hang out with her!

There will be an Islamophobia forum with the Muslim Student Association on
November 8th from 6 PM – 8 PM at Baker Ballroom. More details to follow!

Thank you everyone for coming out and have a lovely week!!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “The Juiceman” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com