[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 11/9

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 12:23:39 EST 2010

Dems Minutes 11/9

Hey everyone! Hope your week TEN is fabulous! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

Debbie Phillips stopped by to give us a warm thank you for all of our help
during this election!

We also gave Matt Lorz, Debbie, and Liz Clark a big thank you for all of
their hard work!

The exec board wanted to thank our volunteers for all of your hard work! We
could not be more proud of you or more appreciative, you are all rock stars!

We will be having a canned food drive for Athens County Food Pantry this
Sunday at 6. Please meet us at Riverpark, Building 35 Apartment 501. The
Food Pantry has some items that are in high demand, so if you are able to
bring any of these things in, please do:

Peanut butter, canned fruit, condensed soup, canned meat, canned vegetables,
canned pasta, rice, cereal, boxed meals, dried beans & rice, granola bars,
jelly, spaghetti sauce.

Our t-shirts are still available! Please buy a shirt for $15 and help
support our org and look fabulous at the same time!

We took this week to celebrate Pamela Radcliffe’s and Patrick Gorman’s
memories.

We talked about all of the fun things we will be doing next quarter
including: community service, a movie series, Relay for Life fundraisers,
and Date Auction!

We will be having a grilled cheese sale this Wednesday from 10 PM – 2 AM at
College Gate!

A big thank you to Liz Clark and Nate Hall for your hard work this year!!!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Quarter Nick Tuell!!

Round Table

Anna talked to us about Bobcats for a Conflict Free Campus – this
organization wants Ohio University to put consumer pressure on electronics
companies to produce conflict free electronics. The Democratic Republic of
Congo is in a serious, deadly conflict right now and the rebel groups
produce metals that appear in our electronics. If you are interested in
getting involved or learning ways to show your support, contact Anna
Weisheimer at aw417308 at ohio.edu

Fill out the survey, “Tell Your Story: A Survey of Discrimination” to get
your voice heard if you have ever been a victim of or witness of any kind of
discrimination on Ohio University’s campus or in the Athens area. You can
find the survey here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/stusenclimatesurve<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.surveymonkey.com%2Fs%2Fstusenclimatesurvey&h=6855b>but
you should also find the facebook event so you can invite all of your
friends to do the same! Today is the last day to fill out the survey!

There are extra lawn chairs in the campaign office if you would like to pick
one up!

Vegan Thanksgiving with Vegan Cooking Workshop is next Tuesday! Cooking
starts at 7 and you eat at 9! Suggested donation is $3.

Thanks everyone for coming out to our LAST MEETING OF THE QUARTER! Lots of
love to all of you!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “Purple Thunder” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com