[OU Dems] Relay for Life

Matthew Davis mjducc55 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 16:13:57 EDT 2010

Dems Minutes May 18th

I hope you are all enjoying your week so far. Here is what’s
new with the Dems:

Relay for Life is this Friday, May 21st and it
will be held at Athens County fairgrounds. The event starts at 6pm and rides
will leave from Baker at 5:30pm. Please
remember that this is a substance free event!!! So please do not show up
under the influence or you will unfortunately be asked to leave. If you haven’t
signed up for our team yet and would like to, visit http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=23472 and click on “join a team.” Our team name is Trotting Donkeys. Please sign up!

Dems staying this summer, please contact Nate Hall at natehall5 at gmail.com

Thanks to all that helped with the Summer Dinner this past
Sunday! We raised nearly $1,700 for our organization so great job!

There is a grilled cheese sale this Thursday, May 20th,
from 10pm to 2am at College Gate and all the money will go towards the DC trip!
Please donate bread, cheese, or butter if you can!

Trash for Cash is tonight, May 19th, at 8pm at Riverpark! All the
money will go towards the DC trip and remember that if you are going to DC, you
must attend at least one fundraiser!

Thanks to everyone that has phonebanked in the last week. If
you would like to add or change a shift, please contact Liz Clark. Keep up the
great work!

DC Trip- the final $45.00 installment for the trip is due by
next Tuesday! Make checks payable to Kellie Galan. The trip is next weekend, so
get excited!

College Democrats of America Conference- July 29th through August 1st in Charleston, North Carolina; the conference
will be held at UNC and you can register at collegedems.com!

Congrats to Dem of the Week Kendra Washington!

Senior Send-off is Saturday, June 5th! So if
you’re a senior, don’t forget to contact Meredith if you would like to be sent
off!

Round Table:
Saturday- Debbie Phillips is looking for people to help
canvass! Canvassing starts at 10am and will be held all day. Contact Chris
Mullen if you are interested in helping.

June 5th- Ohio Democratic Party is launching a
statewide office opening party and Debbie Phillips’s office will be opening at
1pm. The office is located at 771/2 East State Street!

Next Tuesday, May 25th, the bone marrow drive
will be held from 10am to 6pm at the top of Baker. So, please stop by and get
swabbed! If you would like to volunteer or have questions, please contact
Marika at mb571909 at ohio.edu

If you would like to help with the College Dems Relay for
Life Dance team and participate in the dance, there will be a practice today,
May 19 at 7:30pm! The practice will be held in Washington Hall! Contact Marika
if you have questions at mb571909 at ohio.edu

College Democrats of Ohio is looking for a Southeast
Regional Director. Contact Nate Hall at natehall5 at gmail.com if you are interested or would like details on the obligations of the position.

Student Senate Elections are this Thursday! Voting is from
8am to 7pm on student web page so please vote! The link to vote is http://www.ohio.edu/students/

If you are looking for a place to stay this summer, Michaela
Meeny is looking for a subleaser for a place on Elliot Street. The rent is $400
a month so contact her at mm174207 at ohio.edu

The Spring Dance Concert is this Saturday at 8pm. Tickets
are available at Cantner Hall and all tickets are free with your student ID.

Have a wonderful week and I hope to see you guys at Relay
for Life on Friday!!
Jeana Davis
College Democrats
Secretary