[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 5-11

Matthew Davis mjducc55 at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 19:07:26 EDT 2010

Dems Minutes 5/11
I hope you are all having a good week so far! Good luck on
your midterms and the rest of this week! Here is what is going on in Dems at
the moment:
Thank you to all that helped out at the Grilled Cheese sale
last Thursday!! We raised 161.00 which is fantastic!!! Great job!
The Summer Dinner is this Sunday, May 16 from 5-7 pm and it
is our organization’s biggest fundraiser and also a great opportunity to meet
local politicians! Please try to make it and if you can we also need help
setting up and taking down after the event!
Congrats to everyone for reaching over $3,000 for Relay for
Life! Awesome job!! Also, if you ordered
a t-shirt for Relay, please turn in your $15.00 between now and next Tuesday!If you haven’t signed up for our Relay team, visit http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=23472and click on “join a team.” Our team name is Trotting Donkeys. Please sign up!
D.C. Trip is in two weeks! The first deposit was due this
Tuesday so if you did not pay you were taken off the list unfortunately. Also, don’t
forget that you must complete one fundraiser if you would like to go on the
trip.
Thanks to everyone that has phonebanked in the last week. If
you would like to add or change a shift, please contact Liz Clark.
College Democrats of America Conference is July 29-August 1
in Charlotte North Carolina. You can register at Collegedems.org and the
registration fee is $50 before June 1, $65 from 6/2 to 7/22, $80 on site. Let
Nate Hall know if you have any questions or need more information.
Senior Send-off is June 5! Superlatives will be voted on
next Tuesday and seniors, please contact Meredith if you plan on attending the
event!
There is a Grilled Cheese sale this Thursday, May 13, from
10pm to 2am at College Gate. All the money made will go towards the Washington
D.C. Trip! Please sign up for a two hour shift and don’t forget to invite your
friends!!
Congrats to Dem of the Week Nick Tuell!
Round Table:
Student Senate Executive Debate is this Thursday at 6pm in
the multipurpose room in Baker
Southeastern Ohio has made over 8,000 phone calls for ODP
since January 4th! So Congrats, you guys are doing great and keep up
the hard work!
Make sure to be careful at Mill Fest and Oak Fest!
Thinkingpointsblog.com  is a newly launched political blog so make sure to check it out and subscribe!
Check out theessaymag.com and
read this month’s issue! If you are interested in contributing to the website
or have questions, contact Michaela Meenymm174207 at ohio.edu
There is a disabilities forum Wednesday
at 7pm in Baker
If you are interested in interning for
ODP or for Debbie Phillips over the summer, talk to Liz Clark
Thanks to Jane Lindaugh for all her help
with the upcoming Washington D.C. Trip!
Singing Men of Ohio Concert is this
Saturday at 8pm at the Memorial Auditorium. This concert is free so if you get
a chance stop by.
Have a great week everyone! Good luck on
your midterms!
Jeana Davis
College Democrats Secretary

Liz Clark (President) 440-725-1522   lizclark10 at gmail.com
Kellie Galan (Vice President) 330-268-0777    kg759806 at ohio.edu
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director)
330-933-7000 hp238306 at ohio.edu
Meredith
Tucker (Membership Director) 216-630-9502meredith.c.tucker at gmail.com
Alex Maza