[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 3/30

Liz Clark lizclark10 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 20:29:11 EDT 2010

Dems Meeting Minutes- March 30th 2010

First, welcome to the new members and welcome back to everyone! I hope you
all had a fantastic Spring Break and your classes are going well so far.

Kellie mentioned upcoming events this quarter including the Washington DC
trip, intramural softball, and lots of campaigning for State Representative
Debbie Phillips. There will be more information on these things coming in
later meetings.

Debbie Phillips stopped by to answer any questions on her campaign and on
issues on the ballot.

The “Relay for Life” bucket was passed around to help collect money for
Relay. You can sign up for our relay team online! Just go to this website:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=23472 and click on join a
team. Our team name is the Trotting Donkeys!

Chalking and flyering will be next Monday at 8pm and meet at Front Room.
This is a great way for new members to meet everyone and it’s quick and
easy, so you should come!

There was a quick presentation on health care, for more information on the
health care reform, go to www.whitehouse.gov

There is a Strickland fundraiser this Saturday from 2-4pm. Rides will start
at 1pm at Baker 4th floor and we will get back around 5pm. Dress is business
attire

The College Democrats of Ohio Conference is April 17th at Ohio State
University from 12 to 3pm; rides will be at Baker at 10am and we will get
back to Athens around 5

John Calhoun resigned as treasurer, making Alex Maza the treasurer this
quarter.

Round Table:

Andrew Zucker has a political column in “The Post” that will come out every
Wednesday

Nate Hall needs Central Committee members who are running contested races to
contact him

Applications for Students Defending Students are on the 3rd floor of Baker

OU Beyond Coal meets Wednesdays at 6pm in Bently room 140. If you have
questions, email bj279708 at ohio.edu

The “Essay Magazine” meets Wednesdays at 6pm in the Rollins Room if you are
interested in contributing or working with the magazine. If you questions,
contact Michaela at mm174207 at ohio.edu and to see the magazine, go to
www.theessaymag.com

There is a meeting tomorrow for voter registration at 7pm in Front Room.
There is also a meeting Thursday from 5-7pm and Friday from 11-2pm to
register students in Nelson and Boyd dining halls. If you have questions,
contact Andy Burnette at ab319707 at ohio.edu

 Have a great week and a nice Easter or Passover =] Hope to see everyone
next Tuesday!

Jeana Davis

Secretary, OU College Democrats