[OU Dems] (no subject)

Matthew Davis mjducc55 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 16:39:54 EDT 2010

Dems
Minutes: June 1st

I hope you
are all having a good week and I hope that it’s not too crazy busy! Here is
what’s going on in dems at the moment:

Maryellen O’shaughnessy
came and spoke and really pushed for us to get involved in campaign work this
summer!

Thanks to
everyone that went on the DC trip! Hope you had fun!

Congrats to
the new Historian Marika Bresler and the new webmaster John Tyler!

Frances
Strickland will be here to speak on Friday June 12. Time is to be announced,
contact Nate if you have any questions

Senior
send-off is this Saturday at 7pm and the awards will be given out around
8:30pm. Dress code is business casual

Phonebanking-
please try to continue making your phonebanking shifts and great work to
everyone who has been phonebanking lately! Keep up the good work!

Internships
for Debbie Phillips are available this Fall! Contact Nate if you are interested
or would like more information

June 5 is an
office opening party for Ohio Democratic Party! The party is from 1-3pm and Lee
Fisher will be coming to speak. Also, there is a parade at 4pm and Debbie needs
people to come help and march in the parade! The parade should be over around
6:30pm

If you are
here during the summer, please help Debbie Phillips canvass and march in
parades! If you are not here over the summer, we challenge you to work one hour
a week on campaigns in your area and we can also get you in contact with
campaign offices near you.

College
Democrats of America Conference is July 29-August 1 in Charlotte North
Carolina. You can register at Collegedems.org and the registration fee is $65
from 6/2 to 7/22, $80 on site. Let Nate Hall know if you have any questions or
need more information.

Preview of
next quarter: parades, tabling, canvassing, phonebanking and kicking butt with
campaign work! Get excited!!! This Fall will be a blast!

Congrats to
Dem of the Quarter Nick Tuell!!!

Round Table:

Congrats to
top phone bankers of the area Kathryn Potraz and Nick Tuell!!

Thanks to
Kellie for her wonderfully planned DC trip! You did fantastic!

Happy
birthday to Carolyn Meynes!

Have a great
last week and good luck on exams! Have a safe summer and we’ll see you this
Fall!

Jeana Davis
College Democrats Secretary

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042   natehall5 at gmail.com