[OU Dems] ou dems summer update

Nate Hall natehall5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 11:42:38 EDT 2010

Hello OU Dems!  I hope everyone’s summer is going well.  It’s hard to
believe summer is halfway over, and I’ll be seeing you all in less than a
month!

Unfortunately, I have some sad news to report.  Due to unanticipated family
circumstances, our Vice President Kellie Galan will not be joining us in the
fall.  I know I will miss the insight and wisdom that experience brought
her, and we will all miss the dedication and enthusiasm she brought to the
job.  We will all be lesser for want of her unfaltering loyalty and
friendship.

The Constitution calls for us to hold a special election to fill her
unexpired term.  Our Secretary Jeana Davis will be running for VP, so the
Secretary position will also need to be filled.  The same is true for the
position of any other Exec Board member that might decide to run.  The
Constitution is unclear on the subject of special elections, other than that
they should be held, but we are trying to stick as closely as possible to
precedent when situations like this have arisen before.

For now, you can plan on nominations for both positions being at the end of
the meeting week one, and elections week two.  In the meantime, Jeana will
continue to serve as Secretary until the special election, and I will assume
the responsibilities of VP.

If any of you would like to run for Secretary or VP please let me know, and
feel free to start campaigning (BUT NOT ON THE LISTSERV)!  Remember, the
requirement to run for Exec. Board is “to be considered an official member
for two (2) consecutive quarters.”  Please contact Paul Hypolite (
paulhypolite at gmail.com, 937-207-5337) with questions regarding official
membership, or me (natehall5 at gmail.com, 513-304-3042) with any questions,
comments, concerns, etc.

--