[OU Dems] dems minutes 9/29

ag730406 at ohio.edu ag730406 at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 30 12:37:49 EDT 2009

Hello Dems! In case you missed it..
Tabling- We will be tabling at Jefferson dining hall Wednesday and Thursday
from 430 to 630pm. Come help out!
Canvassing- We will be canvassing this Saturday meeting at 2pm at Washington
Arch. This is crucial because vote registration ends soon!
Parade- We will be walking in a parade for Debbie Phillips this Sunday. We
will meet at noon Baker 4th floor for rides. Should be back to campus around
3pm!
Homecoming Committee- Come help plan our homecoming float! There will be a
meeting this Thursday at 730 in the Front Room.
Flyering- We will be flyering this Monday, meeting in the Front Room at 8pm.
Shirts- Shirts are in! If you ordered one or want one, feel free to talk to me
or to pick it up at the next meeting! They are $15!
Empower 5k- Taking place on Oct 10th. Registration for our team is still
happening! It is a great cause that helps children in Africa and for $15 you
get a shirt and a piece of mind that you made a difference! Sign up!
http://www.firstgiving.com/johncalhoun

Walk a Mile in Her Shoes- Happening Oct 24th. Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is a
men's march to end sexual violence. Seeing as 1:4 women and 1:9 men will be
effected by sexual assault in their lifetime (by the way, this makes about 10%
of OU men and 25% of OU women), participation in this event is absolutely
essential. Contact John Calhoun for more info johnwilliamcalhoun at gmail.com

Congrats to Dem of the Week Emily Harper!!!

If you know anyone who wanted to register or may have filled out their voter
registration incorrectly, Chris Mullen will be in the Front Room this Friday
from 11-6 to assist those with questions or concerns…go chris!

ROUNDTABLE:
 5K for Alpha Lambda Delta this Saturday at Ping 10am. $10 to pre-register,
$15 the day of. It is a wonderful cause, benefitting Foundation Rwanda!

SPJ-Screening Live from Bethlehem Documentary with the director, Thursday at
7pm in Scripps 111.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
Ashley